Wednesday, April 19, 2017

"Waiting on" Wednesday: Into The Water

"Waiting on" Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating!

Into the Water
Paula Hawkins
Expected publication date: May 2, 2017
A single mother turns up dead at the bottom of the river that runs through town. Earlier in the summer, a vulnerable teenage girl met the same fate. They are not the first women lost to these dark waters, but their deaths disturb the river and its history, dredging up secrets long submerged.

Left behind is a lonely fifteen-year-old girl. Parentless and friendless, she now finds herself in the care of her mother’s sister, a fearful stranger who has been dragged back to the place she deliberately ran from—a place to which she vowed she’d never return.

With the same propulsive writing and acute understanding of human instincts that captivated millions of readers around the world in her explosive debut thriller, The Girl on the Train, Paula Hawkins delivers an urgent, twisting, deeply satisfying read that hinges on the deceptiveness of emotion and memory, as well as the devastating ways that the past can reach a long arm into the present. - from Goodreads

15 comments:

  1. AMAZING PICK!! I am also SO SO SO excited for this book, and I absolutely loved Hawkins' previous novel, The Girl on the Train. Have you read that one?
    Hope we both love this book, Angela!
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost sleep and was late to work because of The Girl on the Train, I could not stop reading it! I have high hopes for her new one!

      Delete
  2. I didn't read The Girl on the Train (although I definitely want to!) but I also like the sound of this one. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, read Girl on the Train! It's so good!

      Delete
  3. This is one of my most anticipated books for 2017!! Hope we both love it once we read it. Awesome pick, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never read Girl on a Train and saw the movie but wasn't thrilled. However, I'm definitely willing to give this one a chance. Hope we both enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was definitely better than the movie!

      Delete
  5. Ooh sounds amazing! I haven't read her The Girl on the Train though.
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for this one!! I have it added to my BOTM box for next month already :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I can't wait to hear what you think!

      Delete
  7. I'm definitely looking forward to this one as well. Looks intense and even though I didn't love Girl on the Train i will be getting this one. Nice cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at that cover! Oh my. Absolutely stunning!
    Morrighan@Elysian Fields Reviews<3

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!