I can't believe 2018 will be over in a few hours! It's a great time to check in on those blogging and reading goals I set at the beginning of the year before I come up with some new goals for 2019! I also want to wrap up the year-long challenges I participated in.
- Participate in at least two reading challenges. Pass! I participated in two year-long challenges (recapped below) and also did a summer challenge and Nonfiction November (more of an event than a challenge).
- Come up with new or different ways to present our travels. Pass-ish? In addition to our hiking posts, I did two posts recapping trips we took and another on spots I want to check out the next time we're in Las Vegas. The brainstorming I wanted to do to for this goal never really happened. I did a post incorporating books and Disney World, so that might be something to explore more next year.
- Learn more about the technical side of blogging. Fail! I don't know why I added this as a goal.
- Start doing monthly recaps. Pass! Monthly recaps have been some of my favorite posts to put together. I add to it all month long, and it's been a fun way to see everything I've read and blogged in any given month, as well as connect a bit more with readers.
- Read or reread at least six classics. Pass! I read exactly six classics.. and then stopped. So, I'm glad I read them, but I probably wouldn't do this again.
- Read at least one nonfiction book per month. Pass-ish! While I didn't reach my goal of reading one nonfiction book per month, I did read way more than 12 nonfiction titles for the year.
- Listen to more audiobooks. Pass! I've listened to 15 audiobooks this year for a total of almost 130 hours of audio. Considering I only listen to them when I'm driving to and from work, I think this was pretty good!
Originally I chose 30 titles for Beat the Backlist 2018, hosted by NovelKnight. Of those 30, I read 27, DNFed 2, and skipped one because I realized I didn't actually want to read it! However, I read way more backlist titles than just the ones on my TBR and ended up reading 64 backlist books in 2018.
I joined the Nonfiction Reading Challenge, hosted by Doing Dewey, to help me with my goal of reading more nonfiction in 2018, and it definitely worked! I ended up reading 28 nonfiction titles this year.
How did you do on your 2018 reading and blogging goals?