Wednesday, April 5, 2017

"Waiting on" Wednesday: The Whole Thing Together

"Waiting on" Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating!

The Whole Thing Together
Ann Brashares
Expected publication date: April 25, 2017
Summer for Sasha and Ray means the sprawling old house on Long Island. Since they were children, they’ve shared almost everything—reading the same books, running down the same sandy footpaths to the beach, eating peaches from the same market, laughing around the same sun-soaked dining table. Even sleeping in the same bed, on the very same worn cotton sheets. But they’ve never met.

Sasha’s dad was once married to Ray’s mom, and together they had three daughters: Emma, the perfectionist; Mattie, the beauty; and Quinn, the favorite. But the marriage crumbled and the bitterness lingered. Now there are two new families—and neither one will give up the beach house that holds the memories, happy and sad, of summers past.

The choices we make come back to haunt us; the effect on our destinies ripples out of our control…or does it? This summer, the lives of Sasha, Ray, and their siblings intersect in ways none of them ever dreamed, in a novel about family relationships, keeping secrets, and most of all, love. - from Goodreads

15 comments:

  1. This looks like an interesting book! Great choice; I hope you get to read it soon.

    My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super critical about the contemporary YA books I read but this one sounds like something I would enjoy. :D

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it if you end up reading it!

      Delete
  3. Ohhh this one sounds really good! I think I'm going to have to add it to my list too. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, my TBR always explodes on Wednesdays!

      Delete
  4. Love the cover and the blurb looks so interesting! This is a new one for me so thanks for sharing!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the cover is what initially drew me in!

      Delete
  5. This looks really, really good - I also love the idea of three daughters with very different personalities :)
    Great pick! I hope you LOVE it when you read it :)
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm part of a blended family, so this really appealed to me!

      Delete
  6. YES! I have this one to get to and am super excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

      Delete
  7. This book sounds just so wonderfully complicated! great pick!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!