Friday, April 21, 2017

My Dream Reading Nook

If you could design your own perfect reading space, what would it look like?  It's a topic I've been thinking about recently, and when I was approached by Molly from Arhaus, a home furnishings store, to put together a post sharing my vision of a dream reading nook, the timing was perfect!

My style is very eclectic - each room in our condo has a different feel, including a beachy bathroom and a bright, cheerful bedroom.  But I also love lots of wood; warm, earthy colors; and personal touches, including tons of framed family photos.  I don't worry about our home being magazine-worthy - I just want it to reflect us and the things we love.  My dream reading nook would be cozy and inviting, the perfect place to curl up with a cup of tea and a good book (or several!), and here are some things I would include:

THE BIG THINGS


First, I'd start with the large pieces of furniture: lots of rich dark wood bookshelves (I love the rustic look of these), a comfy chair, and a cool lamp that ties in my love of the outdoors.

Bookcase from Ashley Homestore  //  Tufted Chair from Target  //  Floor Lamp from Arhaus


THE LITTLE DETAILS


Next, I'd start filling it in with fun pieces: a cozy blanket, beautifully scented candles, fun wall prints, and some cool bookends to style my shelves.  As you can see, I like pretty much everything!  Different colors, textures, styles - I love mixing them all together and getting a unique look!



So, if you were designing your dream reading nook, what would you include?  Or if you already have the perfect space, what does it look like?  What's your personal style - traditional, contemporary, something different altogether?  What are your favorite home decorating stores?
 
 
* I have not received anything in exchange for this post, and all thoughts are my own.


17 comments:

  1. I wish I had a spot make a reading nook!! My biggest thing would to be able to get a really comfy recliner. I don't even care if it is ugly lol. I love the little details you picked out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get room for a reading nook or library if we ever move to a bigger house. The seating is key - definitely need something comfortable so we can sit and read for hours!

      Delete
  2. All these things look like they make for a perfect reading nook! I especially like those bibliophile bookends. I would also add a little table or something maybe to put a nice cup of hot tea on while I read. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes! A table would be good! I usually have my mug on my lap, haha!

      Delete
  3. Everything you've picked out would make for such a wonderful reading nook! I especially love all of those little details you've selected. The bookends are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My shelves are so stuffed right now I don't have room for cute things like bookends. Maybe someday I'll have room for tons of shelves and I can spread my books out a bit more!

      Delete
  4. I like cool bookends, they can add a nice touch, along with art prints and literary candles too. I'd love to have a room dedicated to reading, or a library- maybe one of these days ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome!! I absolutely love what you've chosen, and mine would be quite similar. Definitely pillows and blankets and scented candles!

    Lovely post :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, everything to make it comfy and cozy and warm!

      Delete
  6. I love the furniture you picked out! Mine would be similar too. And yes, some cozy blankets and candles would be the perfect extra touches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just love candles, I have so many of them!

      Delete
  7. YAAS for dark wood shelves <33 I'm loving the pineapple bookends..I once saw a gorgeous set of dragon bookends but they cost a lot :P Candles would create the perfect atmosphere <33 Great post Angela :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you!! I loooooooooooove dark wood, it's so classy! And those pineapples were just so darn cute!

      Delete
  8. Hi Angela! Thank you so much for featuring my art print. So happy you like it. I also love everything else you've picked! The pineapple bookends are super cool. x Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, it's such a pretty print!

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!