Ever since I started using the Libby app to download e-books from my library (and also to listen to audiobooks!), I've been on the lookout for other apps to enhance my reading experience. I'd heard about the Serial Reader app awhile ago and thought that would be a good place to start!
The Serial Reader app sends you a snippet of a classic novel, anywhere from 7 to 20 minutes' worth of reading, at the same time each day, and before long, you've read an entire book. Here's what I love about the app:
- It's not a huge time commitment. Many days I can fit the serial in before I even leave the house.
- I don't have to worry about due dates. Yes, I could borrow these books from the library, but then there's always the issue of finishing it before I have to return it.
- It's fun to track your progress and meet your daily goals.
- It's a unique way of finally getting to those books I want to read but definitely don't make time for - classics.
- It has a pretty extensive collection of books to choose from.
- It's free (although you can pay a fee to upgrade and get some additional perks, like the ability to read ahead).
- It only has classics, so if you're not into that, this app isn't for you.
- I wish the snippets were a little more uniform in length. For the first book I read on the app, at least, the lengths seemed to vary widely, some days 7 minutes, other days 20. That's kind of a big difference.
Have you tried the Serial Reader app?