Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Passion on Park Avenue

Can't-Wait Wednesday is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and helps us spotlight upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating!

Passion on Park Avenue
Lauren Layne
Expected publication date: May 28, 2019
From the author of the New York Times bestselling Stiletto and Oxford series, the first in a sizzling new series following the unlikely friendship of three Upper East Side women as they struggle to achieve their dreams and find true love and happiness in the city that never sleeps.

For as long as she can remember, Bronx-born Naomi Powell has had one goal: to prove her worth among the Upper East Side elite—the same people for which her mom worked as a housekeeper. Now, as the strongminded, sassy CEO of one of the biggest jewelry empires in the country, Naomi finally has exactly what she wants—but it’s going to take more than just the right address to make Manhattan’s upper class stop treating her like an outsider.

The worst offender is her new neighbor, Oliver Cunningham—the grown son of the very family Naomi’s mother used to work for. Oliver used to torment Naomi when they were children, and as a ridiculously attractive adult, he’s tormenting her in entirely different ways. Now they find themselves engaged in a battle-of-wills that will either consume or destroy them…

Filled with charm and heart and plenty of sex and snark, this entertaining series will hook you from the very first page. - from Goodreads
I love chick lit and anything set in NYC!  Plus, that cover is adorable!

28 comments:

  1. This is my current read!! I'm enjoying it so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I'm hearing of this, but it sounds perfect for me! Thanks for sharing! Great pick!
    Check out my Wednesday Post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a turn of events! I would definitely love reading this one. I hope that the guy has a few chapters in his POV so I can see from his perspective what he thought about Naomi before and after. I hope Naomi didn't pursue her goal for just that reason. I would think it would leave you feeling unhappy if it was just to prove someone wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it if you read it, Adriana!

      Delete
  4. Awww...this cover looks so cute! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Lauren Layne, so this was an auto-add for me, but I also think the set up sounds great, and as always, we are in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pick! A book about friendship set in NYC sounds right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is going to be fUN! And you're right, the cover is aodrable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this one before! I love the cover and the concept. It gives me a Sex and the City vibe with the setting and storyline. I will have to check it out as well. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds awesome. I really like the cover!
    Krystianna @ Wanderlust Adventurist and Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay me too LOVE Layne's books

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this somewhere else today, so it must be fate... right? ;) I haven't read anything by this author before, but people seem to be raving. I guess I should go ahead and add it to my TBR!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree this cover is amazing. I do like books set in NY as I used to go there all the time as a kid. I will have to add this one too.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!