Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Recursion

Can't-Wait Wednesday is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and helps us spotlight upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating!

Recursion
Blake Crouch
Expected publication date: June 11, 2019
What if someone could rewrite your entire life?

"My son has been erased." Those are the last words the woman tells Barry Sutton, before she leaps from the Manhattan rooftop.

Deeply unnerved, Barry begins to investigate her death, only to learn that this wasn't an isolated case. All across the country, people are waking up to lives different from the ones they fell asleep to. Are they suffering from False Memory Syndrome, a mysterious new disease that afflicts people with vivid memories of a life they never lived? Or is something far more sinister behind the fracturing of reality all around him?

Miles away, neuroscientist Helena Smith is developing a technology that allows us to preserve our most intense memories and relive them. If she succeeds, anyone will be able to reexperience a first kiss, the birth of a child, the final moment with a dying parent.

Barry's search for the truth leads him on an impossible, astonishing journey as he discovers that Helena's work has yielded a terrifying gift--the ability not just to preserve memories but to remake them . . . at the risk of destroying what it means to be human.

At once a relentless thriller and an intricate science fiction puzzle box, Recursion is a deeply felt exploration of the flashbulb moments that define us--and who we are without them. - from Goodreads
I loved Crouch's Dark Matter, so I'm very excited for another sci-fi story with a human touch!

32 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds really good!

    Lotte | www.lottelauv.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so excited about this one, too, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked DARK MATTER too. Looking forward to this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Recursion sounds like it's gonna be great. I just found out today that Bryan Fagan's debut novel, Dempsey's Grill, is coming out in August. I love his witty, chatty story-telling, so I'm looking forward to his novel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dark Matter was good, so this one might be one to read as well! Great pick!
    Check out my Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks interesting! I read Dark Matter. I didn't love it like most people seem to but I did enjoy it. Hope this is worth the wait for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw someone on Booktube had already read this and loved it. I think it will be quite popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm starting to see it around a lot!

      Delete
  8. I loved Dark Matter also, so really looking forward to this

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really excited for this one too. I hope it's as wild a ride as Dark Matter is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't read Dark Matter, but am so excited for Recursion. I have an ARC, but have been forcing myself to wait until a little closer to the publication date.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Dark Matter but would LOVE to and now this one is totally going to be on my reading list. Great pick!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I've heard about this one! It's sounds like an intense read. Suspense isn't usually my thing, but I've been considering this one. Nice pick!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
  13. What the...!? This is such a weird sounding book but I'm kind of into it. I would worry about getting to sad over it just because people might be losing the ones they loved like the girl on the rooftop. I'll watch out for your review if you end up reading it and others.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How very intriguing! I haven't picked up Dark Matter, but it's always been one I've been curious about. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dark Matter was so so good, so I have high expectations for this one!

      Delete
  15. Ooooh! I would love to see you review on this one!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!