I don't want to go too crazy setting goals for 2020, but there are a few things I'd like to accomplish this year!
- Reread more. I love to reread, but it's really fallen by the wayside since I started blogging. Not only will I get to revisit my favorite stories, but it will also serve the dual purpose of helping me weed through my shelves and get rid of books I'm no longer interested in.
- Reread the Harry Potter series. This kind of goes along with the first one, but I know I won't be giving these books away! It's been so long since I read the series.
- Make a dent in the unread physical books on my shelf. This is a goal I'm carrying over from last year. I tend to overlook these books in favor of my library books, but I really want to do better, because they are starting to pile up!
- Attend at least 2 bookish events. I've been fortunate enough to meet and/or hear some amazing authors speak in the last couple years, and these have been wonderful experiences.
- Respond to comments faster. I really appreciate everyone's comments and thoughts on my posts and so, for my own peace of mind, I want to get in a better habit of replying faster.
- Get ahead on my book reviews. When I first started blogging, I was really good about blogging ahead - I always had a huge cache of posts ready to go. Lately, though, not so much. Even though I only post reviews once a week, I forever seem to be scrambling to get one up. I need to come up with a better system - either reviewing books more quickly after I read them, or reviewing more books, or something.
- Build up my #bookstagram account. I've noticed lately that lots of bloggers are migrating to Instagram over traditional blogging. I don't plan on doing that, but I do want to grow my Instagram account. I love taking and sharing pictures and Instagram can be more conducive to that. I've started participating in photo challenges, which really helps drive my content and introduce me to more #bookstagrammers. If we're not already, let's be friends!
- Get new passports. This really shouldn't be a year-long goal, but Tom and I can be really bad procrastinators. I need to renew my passport (which I never even updated when we got married over 6 years ago, oops!) and Tom needs to get his first passport ever, since our goal is to travel somewhere outside the United States this year for the first time together.
- Drink more water. Enough said.
- Run a 5k. In the last few months, my husband has really gotten into a good exercise and diet routine and it has inspired me to do better. I thought doing a 5k would be a fun goal to work towards (at least, in my head it sounds good, I've never been a runner!).
- Make 100 blankets for Project Linus. This total is actually slightly less than I did in 2019, but since coming on as Assistant Coordinator for our chapter, I have other responsibilities, like putting together our newsletter and other literature and helping out with events.
Do you have any goals for 2020?