Way back at the beginning of the year, I set some blogging goals for myself. So, how did I do?
- Learn more about the technical side of creating a blog/website. Pretty much a total fail! I changed the design of the blog slightly at the beginning of the year, but that's it!
- Create better graphics. I started using Canva several months ago, and I think my graphics have really come a long way! I work on them more, and, to me at least, they look a bit more polished and professional.
- Come up with more/better discussion posts. I'm proud of some of the discussion posts I came up with this year. For the most part, I had good responses to them. I also started an original feature in Quotables!
- Have at least a month's worth of posts ready to go. I did pretty good with this. I got into a routine about how I schedule my posts, so things got a lot more streamlined.
- Immerse myself more in the book blogging community. I give myself high marks on this one! I've definitely been commenting a lot more on other blogs, and I participated in two reading challenges this year, which I really enjoyed. I also joined in on Nonfiction November 2017!
- Don't forget about my other passion, the outdoors. It hasn't changed much since the middle of the year - this was not a great year for hiking. We did get a few amazing ones in, but for a long time, the weather did not cooperate. Either it was raining or 100 degrees on the weekend. But, we still have our list of places to check out, and hopefully come spring we'll be out there a lot more!
- Have fun! I had so much fun this year!
How did you do on your blogging goals for the year?