Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday: Indie Authors

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is indie/self-published books.  Since my sister Michele is basically an indie aficionado, she is taking over this week!

**************************************************************

Indie authors are such a gem to the publishing industry. There are some really great talents out there and they tend to have such great interaction with their readers. I read a lot of indie authors and I’ll try to narrow down my top ten!


Penny Reid – author of the beloved series Knitting in the City and the Winston Brothers. She also has her own publishing imprint, Smartypants Romance.

Melanie Harlow – Small town romance in series such Cloverleigh Farms and Bellamy Creek.

Devney Perry – Small town romance almost exclusively set in Montana.



Kathryn Nolan – Romance author with surfer, boxer and billionaire heroes and heroines.

Sarina Bowen – Widely known for her Brooklyn hockey and True North series. Has expanded into her own publishing imprint, Heart Eyes Press.

Elsie Silver – author of the Gold Rush Ranch and Chestnut Springs series, focusing on horse trainers and rodeo riders in Canada.

Karla Sorenson – Love at First Sight, Washington Wolves and Ward Family series.

Piper Sheldon – Scorned Women’s Society series and other contemporary and paranormal works.

Juliette Cross – Stay a Spell series as well as other paranormal and contemporary works.

Laney Hatcher – London Ladies Embroidery and Bartholomew Family historical romance series.



Honorable mentions: Meghan Quinn, Susannah Nix, Allie Winters, Staci Hart, Emma Scott



19 comments:

  1. I took the topic in a slightly different way since I don't read many Indie authors but want to read more. Elsie Silver and Devney Perry made my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love indie books and authors but out of these I've only read Staci Hart. I do know a few of the others though. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read and enjoyed a few of these - Staci Hart is a favorite! And I have a couple more on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've mentioned a couple of my absolute favorites here! Sarina Bowen, Devney Perry, Emma Scott... love them! Melanie Harlow is a good one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading the Juliette Cross series and have been really enjoying that one so far! Elsie Silver, Emma Scott, Meghan Quinn and Sarina Bowen are all authors on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have so many of my favorite indie authors on this list! I also found about 4 I need to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really should read more indie authors. As an aspirinf (occasionally) writer myself I feel like I should be supporting them more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are just as talented as traditionally published authors!

      Delete
  8. Reid, Bowen Scott, Quinn -- would have all made a list of my faves. Their books are always great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you've found so many indie authors whose books you've loved.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/04/04/top-ten-tuesday-414-spotify-wrapped-book-tag-2022/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went through a phase of reading more (much to my surprise!) self published authors and was quite impressed. One of these days I need to read some more and hopefully, discover some new authors along the way. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!