Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Waiting on/Can't-Wait Wednesday: The Goddesses

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine and Can't-Wait Wednesday is hosted by Wishful Endings.  Both help us spotlight upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating!

The Goddesses
Swan Huntley
Expected publication date: July 25, 2017
When Nancy and her family arrive in Kona, Hawaii, they are desperate for a fresh start. Nancy's husband has cheated on her; they sleep in separate bedrooms and their twin sons have been acting out, setting off illegal fireworks. But Hawaii is paradise: they plant an orange tree in the yard; they share a bed once again and Nancy resolves to make a happy life for herself. She starts taking a yoga class and there she meets Ana, the charismatic teacher. Ana has short, black hair, a warm smile, and a hard-won wisdom that resonates deeply within Nancy. They are soon spending all their time together, sharing dinners, relaxing in Ana's hot tub, driving around Kona in the cute little car Ana helps Nancy buy. As Nancy grows closer and closer to Ana, skipping family dinners and leaving the twins to their own devices, she feels a happiness and understanding unlike anything she's ever experienced, and she knows that she will do anything Ana asks of her. - from Goodreads
This sounds like a really interesting story about relationships, but it seems like there could be something darker going on, too!

17 comments:

  1. Such a pretty cover. Not my usual read but it does have me intrigued. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books about mysterious relationships! Thanks for sharing this one, Angela :) Hope you get to read it soon!
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOO Okay the cover and title caught my attention but the description definitely kept it. It's not normally my genre but this one sounds really, really good. Will be adding to my TBR. Great pick!

    My CWW: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2017/06/cww-unearthed.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cover but that blurb is giving me something else. I love how it fills you with intrigue. Wonder what is going on. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to read this too. Hope we all enjoy it :)

    Happy Wednesday!
    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It definitely seems like there's something strange going on!

      Delete
  5. It does sound like it may have a dark edge. Plus Hawaii! Sounds good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh that cover is sooo pretty, and I love that blurb -- all about relationships, and love, but it does leave you wondering about what it's not saying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cover is amazing!! Blurb sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh! I like this cover and then the blurb really did catch my attention. It does sound a little edgy! Great pick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo..That makes me curious! I have a feeling that is kind of an unhealthy relationship and Ana is a lot darker than she seems? :P Just my overactive imagination maybe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that's exactly the impression I'm getting, too!

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!