Wednesday, June 7, 2017

"Waiting on" Wednesday: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo

"Waiting on" Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating!

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
Taylor Jenkins Reid
Expected publication date: June 13, 2017
Evelyn Hugo is finally ready to tell the truth about her glamorous and scandalous life. But when she chooses unknown magazine reporter Monique Grant for the job, no one in the journalism community is more astounded than Monique herself. Why her? Why now?

Monique is not exactly on top of the world. Her husband, David, has left her, and her career has stagnated. Regardless of why Evelyn has chosen her to write her biography, Monique is determined to use this opportunity to jumpstart her career.

Summoned to Evelyn’s Upper East Side apartment, Monique listens as Evelyn unfurls her story: from making her way to Los Angeles in the 1950s to her decision to leave show business in the late 80s, and, of course, the seven husbands along the way. As Evelyn’s life unfolds through the decades—revealing a ruthless ambition, an unexpected friendship, and a great forbidden love—Monique begins to feel a very a real connection to the actress. But as Evelyn’s story catches up with the present, it becomes clear that her life intersects with Monique’s own in tragic and irreversible ways. - from Goodreads

12 comments:

  1. I was just looking at this one yesterday and thought it sounded really good. The cover reminds me of Marilyn Monroe, which was what first caught my eye. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it kind of has that old Hollywood glam appeal to the cover, I love it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yay! I'm on the wait list at the library, so hopefully I'll get it next week when it comes out!

      Delete
  3. I've seen this around quite a bit recently! It's not my type of read, but I hope you love it when you read it :)
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it seems to be a pretty popular book around the blogosphere! I've loved her other books, so I'm excited for this one!

      Delete
  4. I've been seeing this one around as well and while I doubt I would buy it, I'll definitely keep an eye out for it at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one does look interesting. I hadn't thought of Marilyn Monroe but after seeing Suzanne's comment I'm going to think that every time I see it probably lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this author and I'm eagerly awaiting this one too! The setting is fab :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!