Monday, August 6, 2018

The Coffee Book Tag


I saw this tag, originally created by BangadyBangz, over on He Said Books Or Me, and thought it sounded really fun.  I mean, books and coffee - what could be better?

Black - a book or series that was hard to get into but has a die-hard fanbase.  I'm going with Caraval on this one; although I know a lot of bloggers had the same issues I did with this book, there's no denying that it's really popular.  I wasn't a huge fan of the flowery writing, but I did get drawn into the game.



Peppermint Mocha - a book that gets popular around the holiday season.  A Christmas Carol.  It's such a classic and instantly recognizable as a holiday favorite.

 
Hot chocolate - your favorite children's book.  Behind the Attic Wall.  It's one of the first books I remember rereading as a child.  I named my cat after one of the characters!  Although, since this book is about talking dolls, I'm surprised it didn't give me nightmares.


Double shot of espresso - a book that kept you on the edge of your seat.  The Girl on the Train was such a thrill ride for me - I had to know what would happen.  I lost sleep, I got to work late, I couldn't put this one down!
 

Starbucks - a book you see everywhere.  The Kiss Quotient.  Am I the only person not reading this book?


Hipster coffee shop - shoutout to a book by an indie author.  This one is hard for me, as I don't really read indie authors.  But this book, Wild Mountain, will make you want to take a trip to Vermont.


Decaf - a book you expected more from.  I chose Red Rising.  After seeing so many other bloggers rave about it, I finally read it and I was... underwhelmed.  I did a lot of skimming and the world just didn't make sense to me.


The perfect blend - a book with the perfect combination of bitter and sweet.  At times both completely heartwarming and heartbreaking, Henry's Sisters is a good mix of bitter and sweet.  You'll laugh, and then you'll cry your eyes out.




Consider yourself tagged if you'd like to do this one, too!

18 comments:

  1. Fun tag! I really liked the Girl on the Train too. You should totally pick up The Kiss Quotient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe one day, when the hype has died down!

      Delete
  2. Ha, fun tag! And I completely agree with your Starbucks choice. The Kiss Quotient is everywhere, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do feel like the only person not reading it!

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is a fun tag! I'm a big, big coffee fan, but I like mine exactly right - like Goldilocks. So, I'll take a look at Henry's Sisters. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henry's Sisters is such a good book, I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. I’m not reading The Kiss Quotient, either, but I’ve also seen it everywhere. I’m on the fence about reading Red Rising. So many people love it, but I’m not sure if it’s my kind of thing. I don’t like dense sci-fi/fantasy.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really thought I would like Red Rising more, just wasn't for me!

      Delete
  5. I really liked Caraval but I didn't think it was 5 star worthy or anything. And it reminds me I still need to read the second book. I think I'm going to do this tag too sometime. It looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! I think I'd have trouble coming up with a hipster coffee shop selection, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun book tag. It's a great way to highlight some older favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Books and coffee are the PERFECT pairing. What a fun tag!

    I really enjoyed Caraval! I'm sorry you found it so hard to get into.
    I have never read Behind the Attic Wall! It sounds creepy!!! Ha ha.
    The Kiss Quotient looks so dang cute! But I haven't read it yet. Maybe when I finally get some time AND feel up to a light and fluffy read.
    Oh gosh - Red Rising is on my TBR. I'll keep your thoughts in mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to like Caraval, but I think it was more YA than I wanted at the time. The Kiss Quotient isn't really my type of read, but I might try it someday!

      Delete
  9. If you like romances that are on the sexy side, but also have a good story and lots of heart, you will enjoy The Kiss Quotient. It was so much more than I expected from a contemporary romance. Romances are my sweet spot, and usually ring in for 4 stars, but this one went above and beyond for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not my typical read, I don't usually go for romance, but I like to try new things!

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!