Monday, December 23, 2019

Down The TBR Hole #6


Down the TBR Hole is a feature created by Lost in a Story (although the blog seems to be down recently).  I've seen it on a few other blogs and thought I would try it out myself!  It seems like a really good way to cull your TBR of those books you're no longer interested in.  So how does it work?

  • Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if youre feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?

Here are the books I'm looking at this time:

 Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

I am a sucker for books about royalty, so a story about a romance between the First Son and the Prince of Wales sounds amazing!  Plus, I haven't seen a bad review of this yet.  Keep!
 Finding Dorothy by Elizabeth Letts

One of my mom's favorite movies is The Wizard of Oz, so this fiction novel about the wife of L. Frank Baum, who wrote the Oz books, is really intriguing, especially because it also includes some behind-the-scenes tidbits about the movie.  Keep!
 The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides

This book sounds fascinating - a woman who kills her husband refuses to speak about the crime.  Keep!
 Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller

While I really liked Levenseller's Daughter of the Pirate King duology, I'm just not feeling this book about a female warrior who must win back her honor to rejoin her tribe.  Pass!
 The Night Olivia Fell by Christina McDonald

A mother tries to discover what really happened the night her daughter took a tragic fall, leaving her brain dead - but she's also pregnant, adding a whole other layer to the drama.  Keep!
 American Princess by Stephanie Marie Thornton

This book tells the story of First Daughter Alice Roosevelt.  While I like the idea of learning more about a female historical figure, this doesn't grab my interest enough.  Pass for now!



Have you read any of these?

23 comments:

  1. RW&RB was very, very good. You chose wisely with that one

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAS! Keep on Red, White and Royal Blue!! The silent patient is pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard a lot of good about all of them, hope you get to enjoy the keeps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to get a copy of Red, White and Royal Blue. I also haven't heard anything bad about it! Good choice with that one. :)
    Krystianna @ Volumes and Voyages

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red, White and Royal Blue is a really fun read so I'm glad you kept that one. I've been thinking of ditching Warrior of the Wild too. I was excited about it at first but have since lost interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm the last person to read Red, White & Royal Blue!

      Delete
  6. I loved Red White and Royal Blue and The Silent Patient!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finding Dorothy sounds interesting. I haven't read any of these but I hope you can get to the ones on your "Keep" list in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Warrior of the Wild sounds interesting, but I can understand passing on it. Sometimes you don't have a ton of time to spend on books that only kind of interest you. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Red, White & Royal Blue was such a good time. It had so much going for it: great characters, clever humor, swoony romance. I enjoyed it start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a good idea. I need to prune my Goodreads TBR; it's WAY too long. Red, White, and Royal Blue sounds like fun, and I keep seeing rave reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen so many reviews on Red, White & Royal Blue.
    Can't wait to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!