It's kind of hard to believe that this year is already just about half over, but that makes it the perfect time to check in on the reading and blogging goals I set in January!
- Keep track of where I'm finding books. I keep my TBR on Pinterest, and in the caption I always try to note if I'm adding the book because of a particular person or blog. I think I've done a pretty good job of doing shoutouts, either in a review or a monthly recap, when I read a book that I've added because of someone else.
- Participate in at least two challenges. I'm currently participating in three challenges, recapped below!
- Read at least 12 nonfiction books. I've actually already read 12 nonfiction books, so I'm doing great on this goal!
- Bring back my "Try It, You Might Like It" feature. I've done one post for this feature this year and have plans to do at least one more.
- Host a giveaway. I did it! I celebrated my blog's third blogoversary by hosting a giveaway. I used Rafflecopter and Book Depository, and it was actually way easier than I thought it would be! Thanks, everyone, for your tips and advice when I first announced this goal.
- Read the unread physical books on my shelves. Somehow I have even more unread books on my shelves than I did at the beginning of the year, but I've definitely been reading them. I bring them to read during my lunch break, and that extra hour per day has really upped my reading totals for the year.
- Reorganize my book shelves. My library's book sale was earlier this year, so that was the perfect time to purge my shelves. I ended up getting rid of 70 books and reorganized a bit better by genre.
For Beat the Backlist, hosted by Austine at NovelKnight, I chose 24 backlist books to read, and so far I've read 11. I'm slightly behind on my TBR, but I have a couple of them out from the library right now waiting to be read. And actually, out of the 89 books I've read so far this year, 68 of them have been backlist!
I've also joined the 2019 Retellings Reading Challenge, hosted by Tracy at Cornerfolds. I've read 6 of the 9 books I originally chose, plus one in progress. I've also read a few others not on my TBR and am working my way through the Bingo board! If anyone has suggestions for the ones I haven't read yet, I'd love to hear them!
The last challenge I'm doing is the Royal Reading Challenge hosted by Adriana at She's Got Books on Her Mind. So far I've read 6 of the 10 books I chose, with two more in progress. I've also read a couple more that weren't on my original TBR.
This last one isn't a challenge, but I'm also working on the #IronThroneReadalong, hosted by NovelKnight and Of Wonderland. Week 3 just started, so we are well into the first book!
How are you doing on your goals and challenges?