Since 2017 is half over (already???), I thought it would be a good time to check in on the blogging goals I set at the beginning of the year!
- Learn more about the technical side of creating a blog/website. FAIL so far. I changed the design slightly, but that's it!
- Create better graphics. It's getting there! I definitely work on the graphics more, but they could be better. Tell me - what programs do you use to create your graphics?
- Come up with more/better discussion posts. I've been posting at least 1 or 2 discussion posts a month, and I've gotten a pretty good response to them! I have a list of potential topics, so we'll see how the rest of the year goes! I've also come up with some new features, like Quotables.
- Have at least a month's worth of posts ready to go. Doing good with this one so far. I've kind of gotten into this routine where I have some sort of discussion on Mondays, memes on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, sometimes a random Thursday post if nothing on Tuesday, and book reviews on Fridays, and that's actually really helped streamline my posts and scheduling.
- Immerse myself more in the book blogging community. So far, so good! I've found a ton of new blogs to follow, I'm commenting on more posts, and I'm participating in a backlist reading challenge and a summer TBR challenge!
- Don't forget about my other passion, the outdoors. This one has been difficult - the weather in the spring just wasn't cooperating, so we didn't do a lot of hiking. I'm hoping the rest of the year will be better!
- Have fun! Definitely having lots of fun!
Did you have any blogging goals for the year? How are you doing on your goals?