Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Beach Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and the theme this week is beach reads.  Here are my favorite books to read while lounging on the beach!

  • A Hundred Summers (Beatriz Williams) - The setting: 1930s, Rhode Island, on the beach, in the summertime.
  • The Devil Wears Prada (Lauren Weisberger) - I don't mind reading about someone else's soul-sucking job when I've got my toes in the sand!
  • The Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown) - A fun mystery and a fast read.
  • The Shopaholic series (Sophie Kinsella) - These books are funny and light - perfect for the beach!
  • Barefoot (Elin Hilderbrand) - Many of Hilderbrand's books take place on Nantucket during the summertime, so they're great to take to the beach.
  • Chasing Harry Winston (Lauren Weisberger) - A fun, easy read about three friends navigating love and relationships.
  • Shoe Addicts Anonymous (Beth Harbison) - Another light and funny story, this one about a group of women who bond over their common shoe size.

8 comments:

  1. I read The Devil Wears Prada several years ago. It will make a great beach read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I've read The Da Vinci Code and it would definitely be a great beach read. It was so fast paced I felt out of breath! Beatriz Williams is on my TBR list. Her books sound absolutely wonderful and I think I'll have to add Shoe Addicts Anonymous too. It sounds too good to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend Beatriz Williams - I have loved all of her books!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read the book, but I did watch the movie for The Devil Wears Prada, and LOVED it! Great Top Ten! :D
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had Chasing Harry Winston and Shoe Addicts Anonymous on my TBR for years. Glad to hear you enjoyed them. Sophie Kinsella is great and her books make great beach reads. Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy reading and happy summer!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!