Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Can't-Wait Wednesday: The Paris Apartment

Can't-Wait Wednesday is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and helps us spotlight upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating!
 
Lucy Foley
Expected publication date: February 22, 2022
Jess needs a fresh start. She’s broke and alone, and she’s just left her job under less than ideal circumstances. Her half-brother Ben didn’t sound thrilled when she asked if she could crash with him for a bit, but he didn’t say no, and surely everything will look better from Paris. Only when she shows up – to find a very nice apartment, could Ben really have afforded this? – he’s not there.

The longer Ben stays missing, the more Jess starts to dig into her brother’s situation, and the more questions she has. Ben’s neighbors are an eclectic bunch, and not particularly friendly. Jess may have come to Paris to escape her past, but it’s starting to look like it’s Ben’s future that’s in question.

The socialite – The nice guy – The alcoholic – The girl on the verge – The concierge

Everyone's a neighbor. Everyone's a suspect. And everyone knows something they’re not telling. - from Goodreads

I haven't been reading a ton of mysteries/thrillers lately, but I can't resist the Paris setting and I've enjoyed Foley's books in the past!

23 comments:

  1. Ooooh this sounds good. I also haven't read a lot of mysteries lately but I do love the genre when it's written well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like stumbling on a mystery. Hope it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds very intriguing! I hope you enjoy reading it, Angela.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds intriguing. I hope you enjoy it! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/11/cant-wait-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good. I could use a fresh start too ... Happy reading and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to read her The Guest List so schwing this is going right on the TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yay! I think you'll enjoy The Guest List, too.

      Delete
  7. Ooh, very interesting. I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This had me at the title, because Paris + Thriller = perfect book for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Whenever I see Paris, I always take a second glance, too!

      Delete
  9. Paris is one of my favourite settings, too! I think it is a perfect backdrop for a thriller. I hope that you love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so good! I need a good thriller!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen some really good reviews for this one so I'm excited for it too. I thought her last book was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, this sounds good! I love a good thriller, and I don't think I've ever read one set in Paris, so I might have to add this to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!