Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Malibu Rising

 Can't-Wait Wednesday is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and helps us spotlight upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating!
 
Taylor Jenkins Reid
Expected publication date: June 1, 2021
Four famous siblings throw an epic party to celebrate the end of the summer. But over the course of twenty-four hours, their lives will change forever.

Malibu: August 1983. It's the day of Nina Riva's annual end-of-summer party, and anticipation is at a fever pitch. Everyone wants to be around the famous Rivas: Nina, the talented surfer and supermodel; brothers Jay and Hud, one a championship surfer, the other a renowned photographer; and their adored baby sister, Kit. Together the siblings are a source of fascination in Malibu and the world over--especially as the offspring of the legendary singer Mick Riva.

The only person not looking forward to the party of the year is Nina herself, who never wanted to be the center of attention, and who has also just been very publicly abandoned by her pro tennis player husband. Oh, and maybe Hud--because it is long past time for him to confess something to the brother from whom he's been inseparable since birth.

Jay, on the other hand, is counting the minutes until nightfall, when the girl he can't stop thinking about promised she'll be there.

And Kit has a couple secrets of her own--including a guest she invited without consulting anyone.

By midnight the party will be completely out of control. By morning, the Riva mansion will have gone up in flames. But before that first spark in the early hours before dawn, the alcohol will flow, the music will play, and the loves and secrets that shaped this family's generations will all come bubbling to the surface.

Malibu Rising is a story about one unforgettable night in the life of a family: the night they each have to choose what they will keep from the people who made them . . . and what they will leave behind. - from Goodreads

I preordered this book back in September, that's how excited I am for it!

21 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one either. TJR never disappoints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as if this is a thriller like no other. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m excited for this one too! I need more TJR in my life.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malibu Rising does sound good! I haven't read anything by Taylor Jenkins Reid, but her name has been everywhere in the last year or so. I really must give her a try. I hope you enjoy this when you read it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, her books are so good! You have to try them!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait for this!!!! Here is my post-https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2021/03/cant-wait-wednesday-lost-in-never-woods.html.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m super excited to pick this one up too! I hope you enjoy it, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so excited for this one too! TJR doesn't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try another book by this author and this one does sound good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it if you do decide to read it, Stephanie!

      Delete
  9. I think this'll be the next TJR I read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know TJR is a favorite, but I have yet to read anything from her. Hope it's fantastic for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SO READY for this book! Daisy Jones & the Six is one of my all-time favorites (especially the audio - all those people - amazing), so I'm really looking forward to this one. I hope we both love it!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVED Evelyn Hugo and Daisy Jones, so I'm super excited for this one too!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!