Friday, February 10, 2017

Because I Like to Eat When I Read

You may have noticed that my husband and I go hiking and walking quite a bit.  One reason is that we love the outdoors and seeing new places.  But secretly, part of the reason I exercise so much is because I love to eat - gotta even things out!  And snacking while I read is a common nightly occurrence, so I wanted to share some of my favorite reading snacks!

OMG, Popcorners.  Tom and I discovered these at the grocery store one day and haven't looked back since.  They're basically popcorn in the shape of chips and come in a bunch of flavors: white cheddar, kettle, jalapeno, and my personal favorite, caramel.  I love these so much that when our grocery store stopped carrying the caramel flavor, Tom ordered me a CASE for my birthday.


Mmm, Pocky.  Pocky is a Japanese creation, a cookie/biscuit stick dipped in chocolate.  They come in these cute red boxes and can be found at Asian food specialty stores or in the ethnic food aisle at the regular grocery store.  You can also find them at Costco or on Amazon.  Pocky is the perfect snack when you just want a little bit of chocolate.


Guys, this is it: healthy ice cream!  Halo Top Ice Cream is made from all-natural ingredients and is low in calories and high in protein.  The birthday cake flavor shown above?  That's 280 calories for the whole pint.  I wouldn't even feel bad about eating the whole thing at once.  It's delicious and really does taste like birthday cake!  They have a bunch of other flavors, too. 

What are your favorite snacks to eat while reading?

4 comments:

  1. I love this post, even though it made me so hungry! My snack of choice is low fat popcorn, so when I eat the whole bag, I don't feel too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, popcorn is great. We have an air popper, so as long as we don't put too much butter on it, you can basically eat a ton without consuming too many calories. Without butter, I think 5 cups is 100 calories.

      Delete
    2. Where do you buy Halo Top? I've never seen it before.

      Delete
    3. It used to be in limited stores, but it seems to have expanded quite a bit. At first we could only get it in Kings, but now we've found it at Stop & Shop and Costco, although they are limited in flavors. If you go to their website and click on "Where to Buy," you can see which stores carry it near you. In our store, it's where all the pints of ice cream are, like the Ben & Jerry's.

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!