Monday, October 14, 2024

Guest Blogger: My Favorite Audiobooks #2

 Last year, my sister stopped by the blog with some audiobook recs - today she's back with more!

******************************************************************

Up until a few years ago, I had never even considered audiobooks as a way to increase my reading – but then my husband started working for a major audiobook publisher and I got hooked!  Now I listen to them all the time – getting ready in the morning, in the car, exercising, at my daughter’s swim lessons, you name it.  Audiobooks are fantastic for when you can’t physically hold a book and I have listened to some really fantastic performances.  Here are some of my recent faves:
            
Nonfiction: Memiors read by the authors are some of my favorites!  Michelle Obama’s memiors are always a wonderful listen.  I’m an Olympics nut as well, so Katie Ledecky’s memior was double fun.  Good Night Stories has bite-sized facts of 100 historical and contemporary women and was one I enjoyed listening to with my daughter.

            
TV/Movie/Comic Book Tie Ins: If you are a Stranger Things fan, Flight of Icarus is a must listen about fan favorite Eddie Munson.  Harley Quinn is one of DC’s most interesting characters and Reckoning is the start of a trilogy.  The narrators of The Princess and the Scoundrel were absolutely fantastic – I’ve been listening to a ton of Star Wars books lately and this was an easy favorite!

                
Other Fiction: John Scalzi’s books are a favorite of mine and my husband and Starter Villain did not disappoint!  Sara Goodman Confino is a new author to me – Behind Every Good Man was fantastic and I can’t wait to binge listen to her backlist. 

              
Cara Bastone gets her own section – her audiobooks are that good!  Her Audible originals are witty, fun and read by full casts; every one I’ve listened to has been a hit.  Her latest full length novel, Ready or Not, was a really beautiful listen too!  



Do you listen to audiobooks?  Do you have any favorites?

4 comments:

  1. I love audiobooks so much! I just finished Horror Movie Paul Tremblay which was excellent. So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just listened to Ready or Not on audio - how fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't listened to any of these though I have read quite a few by Bastone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love audiobooks! I haven't listened to any Cara Bastone yet, though they are on my TBR, so I definitely need to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!