Friday, May 10, 2024

Indie Bookstore Spotlight: Queen Takes Book

We recently drove to Maryland to visit my college roommate and I came across Queen Takes Book while we were there!  This indie bookstore had actually opened only three weeks earlier, and when we visited on Indie Bookstore Day, it was quite crowded!


The store itself isn't very large, but it's a beautiful space.  I loved this little corner with some chairs and a chess set, as well as a table featuring recommendations from the staff.


The atmosphere of the store is very cool, too - dark walls and shelves but with some fun chandelier lighting.  These butterfly decorations added some whimsy to the wall!


They have a small children's section in one of the back corners, with a cozy rug and a couple of small chairs for kids to sit and read while their parents browse!  Apologies for the poor picture, there were two children nearby and I was trying to avoid getting them in the shot!


This is a view of the store from the children's corner.  There are a few more shelves against the walls you can't see and some tables of recent releases.  I checked out the romance section, which is on one of the shelves in the middle of the store, although I didn't do too much browsing since my guys were waiting in the car.  The store has a nice open feel, perfect for browsing.


I ended up choosing a book about planets for Henry, which of course we had to read that night.  I enjoyed my trip to Queen Takes Book and if you're ever in the Columbia, MD area, I encourage you to check them out!

8 comments:

  1. What a cool bookstore! And a clever name. It may be small but seems like it has a great vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very inviting space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, I wish I'd had a little more time to explore!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Adorable, right?? And I love that they have a chess set in the store.

      Delete
  4. What a great book store with such a fun name!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!