Monday, November 6, 2023

Michele's Monday Picks #32

Angela is so generous to let me pop in with my little series, Michele’s Monday Picks!  I’m not a blogger or bookstagrammer, but I love getting excited about new releases with the rest of you.  Here I’ll be sharing new books I’m really looking forward to!

*************************************************************
 
By Isable Ibanez
Published: October 31, 2023

From Goodreads:
Bolivian-Argentinian Inez Olivera belongs to the glittering upper society of nineteenth century Buenos Aires, and like the rest of the world, the town is steeped in old world magic that’s been largely left behind or forgotten. Inez has everything a girl might want, except for the one thing she yearns the most: her globetrotting parents—who frequently leave her behind.

When she receives word of their tragic deaths, Inez inherits their massive fortune and a mysterious guardian, an archeologist in partnership with his Egyptian brother-in-law. Yearning for answers, Inez sails to Cairo, bringing her sketch pads and an ancient golden ring her father sent to her for safekeeping before he died. But upon her arrival, the old world magic tethered to the ring pulls her down a path where she soon discovers there’s more to her parent’s disappearance than what her guardian led her to believe.

With her guardian’s infuriatingly handsome assistant thwarting her at every turn, Inez must rely on ancient magic to uncover the truth about her parent’s disappearance—or risk becoming a pawn in a larger game that will kill her.

The Mummy meets Death on the Nile in this lush, immersive historical fantasy set in Egypt filled with adventure, a rivals-to-lovers romance, and a dangerous race.

This sounds so unique - do you think you’ll be picking this one up?

11 comments:

  1. I've seen this one around a lot but haven't had a chance to buy myself a copy yet. Which is weird because I'm obsessed with all things Egypt and I'd love to read a historical fantasy set in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a unique setting!

      Delete
  2. This is new to me. I like that it takes place in Egypt. I don't see that setting often in the books I read. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover is gorgeous! This one is new to me but I'll have to check out some reviews because the Egypt setting definitely appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know about this one, but it sounds amazing indeed! Added to my TBR, so thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mummy meets death on the Nile- this sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome setting! Love the sound of this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So unique! I can't wait to dive in.

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!