Monday, October 23, 2023

Guest Post - Indie Bookstore Spotlight: Northshire Bookstore

 Michele is here today to share about an indie bookstore she recently visited!

********************************************************

I recently took a road trip to Vermont with my husband and daughter to visit my parents and take Luna to the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory.  Spoiler alert: she loved it.
 
 
While we were up there, my stepmom suggested we visit Northshire Bookstore in Manchester.  I am so glad she did because it was probably the best independent bookstore I’ve ever been to.  According to its website, “Northshire Bookstore is a family-owned, independent, community bookstore dedicated to the art of bookselling and the highest standard of service. With locations in Manchester Center, Vermont, and Saratoga Springs, New York, Northshire is proud to offer one of the finest and largest collections of new, used and rare books in New England, with over 300,000 titles in each location. Additionally, we offer a curated collection of vinyl records, stationary, gifts and home goods, with a focus on featuring the work of local artisans.” 
 


 

It may look small from the outside, but the inside is three levels of bookish goodness.  Every genre is represented, as well as household items, crafts and games.  New releases (even those from smaller publishers that I wouldn’t have expected to see in an indie bookstore) were plentiful and there were lots of staff recommendations scattered throughout the store.  They also had cozy little reading nooks and a café.
 
 


  
If you are ever in the Manchester, VT or Saratoga Springs, NY areas, I would highly recommend checking out Northshire!

Do you have a favorite indie bookstore?

13 comments:

  1. This place looks so awesome! We really need to plan a trip with Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great bookstore, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an awesome bookstore! I haven't been to VT in years. I will have to keep this in mind and the teddy bear factory looked adorable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how cozy this one looks and yet it also seems so big at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fabulous bookstore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fantastic visit, and Luna is such a good sport posing for all the photos.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!