Monday, December 12, 2022

Michele's Monday Picks #2

Angela is so generous to let me pop in with a new little series, Michele’s Monday Picks! I’m not a blogger or bookstagrammer, but I love getting excited about new releases with the rest of you. Here I’ll be sharing new books I’m really looking forward to! 

*********************************************************

It Happened One Fight

By Maureen Lee Lenker

Expected publication: July 11th, 2023


From Goodreads:

From Entertainment Weekly writer Maureen Lee Lenker comes a swoony romantic comedy set in the world of 1930s film.

Joan Davis is a movie star, and a damned good actor, too. Unfortunately, Hollywood only seems to care when she stars alongside Dash Howard, Tinseltown's favorite leading man and a perpetual thorn in Joan's side. She's sick of his hotshot attitude, his never-ending attempts to get a rise out of her―especially after the night he sold her out to the press on a studio-arranged date. She'll turn her career around without him. She's engaged to Hollywood's next rising star, after all, and preparing to make the film that could finally get her taken seriously. Then, a bombshell drops: thanks to one of his on-set pranks gone wrong, Dash and Joan are legally married.

Reputation on the line, Joan agrees to star alongside Dash one last time and move production to Reno, where divorce is legal after a six-week residency. But between on-set shenanigans, fishing competitions at Lake Tahoe, and intimate moments leaked to the press, Joan begins to see another side to the man she thought she had all figured out, and it becomes harder and harder to convince the public―and herself―that her marriage to Dash is the joke it started out as.


The 1930s and this cover (!!) – how can you go wrong?

Do you think you’ll be picking this one up?

15 comments:

  1. This sound hilarious!! I love the setting, and Joan being successful in that 1930s era, and then the romance mixed into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has the makings of something fun. I am actually imaging those fun films from that time period. If it's like that, it will great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick, Michele! This sounds like an absolutely fabulous read. "A swoony romantic comedy set in the world of 1930s film" what's not to love about that?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does look fun- I like the 1930's Hollywood setting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely different from what I normally read!

      Delete
  5. This does sound like such a great book! I love the setting and the 1930's vibes sound like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like the 1930's setting, that sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is new to me and it sounds like so much fun! Thanks for putting it on my radar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This isn't one I've heard of, but love the aesthetic its sporting! Looks like it could be quite a glamourous read. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!