Friday, December 30, 2022

2022 Reading and Blogging Goals: Year-End Wrap-Up

 
It's hard to believe that 2022 is already just about over!  It seems so long ago that I set some reading and blogging goals for this year, but let's take a look back at them anyway.

  1. Read Little Women.  I did it!  It took me a month and a half to read it, but I finally read Little Women!
  2. Read 52 books.  At the time I'm writing this post, I've read 99 books, which is WAY more than I expected to read this year.
  3. Don't be so rigid about a blogging schedule.  I think I did pretty well with this.  I haven't always been able to stick to my "normal" blogging schedule, but I haven't let this bother me.  I do get a little anxious when I don't have a lot of pre-scheduled posts, but that's the nature of life right now.  My sister has taken a larger role on the blog this year, and that makes me so happy!  She shared about two bookish conventions she attended, penned a series on independent authors, and has even started a new series showcasing upcoming releases she's excited about.  
  4. Continue growing my Instagram account.  I've gained about 150 followers this year, but unfortunately my engagement doesn't seem to reflect that!  However, I still have fun taking and sharing photos, so I'll continue with it for now.
  5. Reread from my own collection with the intention of pruning my shelves.  I attempted 6 rereads - of those, I DNFed two of them and I donated five.  I kind of gave up on this goal around mid-year, because right now there are just too many new books I want to read and I preferred to spend more time on those.
  6. Keep track of how much I'm spending on books.  I added a line item to my budget spreadsheet for this, so I did keep track of this all year (although I'm not going to say how much I've spent - eek!).  Admittedly, most of my book spending was on Henry!

 How did you do on your 2022 goals?


18 comments:

  1. You did great on your goals! I didn't have many for 2022, just to finish my Goodreads reading challenge and participate in Nonfiction November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you did great! Even adjusting your goals throughout the year to suit your current wants/needs. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I also don't like to look at my book line in my budget....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always worry that I won't like something as much the second time. This is why I don't re-read or re-watch. Good job with the goals and you crushed the reading challenge. Almost double!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's definitely a risk but it also helps me weed out books from my shelves. Thanks, Sam!

      Delete
  5. Little Women is such a great story! I'm glad that you were able to read it this year. I hope that 2023 brings just as many reading accomplishments for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with your goals! I've never been able to figure out Instagram. People don't seem to comment back like they do on blogs. I don't know how to make friends on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's hard, there are a lot of just nonsense accounts that will follow you, pretty much guaranteeing no interaction.

      Delete
  7. Love these goals! I think you are doing a great job with your Instagram account. I also hear you about book budget. I spend way more on books for my sons than I do myself. I started taking them to the half price/used bookstore. It's been a lifesaver! Happy 2023! I look forward to your reviews this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christina! I definitely need to check out more used bookstores. The library group finally had a sale this year, so I picked up a bunch of books there.

      Delete
  8. You did most of your goals so good job! I like how you #1 goal was to read Little Women. I read it like two years ago after the newer movie came out and really enjoyed it although it was a bit slow paced. Happy New Year! 🥳

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on your goals this year! I'm super impressed about the 99 books, especially as a new mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzanne! I was pleasantly surprised by it!

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!