Monday, August 30, 2021

Battle of the Book Covers #6

 
In Battle of the Book Covers, I pick one book, compile a bunch of different international covers, and choose my favorite - and I'd love for you to weigh in, too!  (Thank you to Heather at Random Redheaded Ramblings, who put together a list of 25 book blog post ideas, for the inspiration!)
 
For this edition, I'm going back to 2018 with Verity by Colleen Hoover! 


2018 US paperback // 2020 Spanish // 2019 Portuguese


2020 German // 2019 Polish // 2020 Danish


2020 French // 2020 Estonian

This is a hard one, because they're all so different!  I've always liked the original US cover, but I also like the way the Portuguese edition incorporates the story.  I think I'm going with...


The 2020 Estonian cover!  To me, it's just so creepy and totally captures the eerie vibe of the book!

Which is your favorite?
 

14 comments:

  1. I'm really liking the Danish edition. I love that there's a letter on the background of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are all so different from one another. I haven't read the book yet but really like the vibe of the one you picked and the Danish one with the handwriting in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this book (although I always hear so many things that make me so intrigued! I'll have to pick it up soon), so from looks alone I have to say the 2018 US paperback, Portuguese, Danish, and Estonian editions all really jump out at me! I think any one of those covers would make me want to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good choices! I highly recommend the book, too!

      Delete
  4. I think I would have more of an opinion if I had read the book, but the original is the one appealing most to me without that. It's sort of mystical looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the German one, but it definitely doesn't give off very eerie vibes! So I'd probably pick the Portuguese one as my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the German one is pretty but definitely doesn't match the vibe of the book!

      Delete
  6. I like the second and third ones a lot! And the last one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved the original U.S. cover. The way it ties into the story just adds to the creepy vibe for me.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!