Monday, April 12, 2021

Podcasts I'm Listening To Lately


Without my work commute, I was finding it really hard to get through audiobooks last year.  While I could listen to them while going for walks or doing chores, they were just taking way too long.  My sister suggested that I try podcasts instead; their shorter lengths make them much more manageable.  Since then, I've found quite a few podcasts that I listen to on a regular basis, and here are some of my favorites!

 
 
First up are the two Bravo-related podcasts I listen to (I'm obsessed with Housewives, #sorrynotsorry).  Real Moms of Bravo features two friends (and moms) who recap all their favorite Bravo shows and sometimes talk about personal things.  On Mention It All, Dylan and Bari not only recap the shows, but also insert their snarky analysis and report on all breaking Bravo news.
 

For deep (and funny) thoughts on all things related to food, you have to try A Hot Dog is a Sandwich.  The two hosts choose a culinary question or debate for each episode, such as crunchy vs. smooth peanut butter, is bacon overrated, and what's the best pizza style.  Since I'm obsessed with the British royal family (and just royalty in general), of course I listen to Royally Obsessed.  The hosts break down all the royal news and sightings each week, as well as "this week in royal history."


Books and the City is hosted by four friends who met at a book club and then started a podcast.  They live and read in New York City.  You and Me Both with Hillary Clinton is the only semi-political podcast I listen to, but it's really so much more than that.  Each week she sits down with a guest (or two or three) and chats about things ranging from religion to cooking to politics (of course).


What are some of your favorite podcasts?
 

26 comments:

  1. I usually listen to true crime podcasts, but I msut admit, I am curious about Holary Clinton's one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all different from the ones I usually listen to (true crime & history) but I'm always willing to step out of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really enjoyed You and Me Both. So good! I need to check out Royally Obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the suggestions. Think I'll give Books and the City a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't listened to a podcast in forever, but I am glad to see you found so many to enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Bravo ones - they watch way more shows than i do, but it's easy to skip over those and just listen to their commentary on the ones I do watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I'm really only here for Housewives!

      Delete
  7. Great post! I've actually never listened to a podcast but have been wanting to try one. The Hillary one really appeals to me as does the foodie one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them if you do decide to try them out!

      Delete
  8. Oooh! I'll have to check out Books and the City! I've been listening to a LOT of horror related and true crime podcasts, so I need a little variety!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been listening to podcasts too lately a bit more. It's always nice to discover new ones! Royally Obsessed sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't listened to many podcasts lately. I usually listen to audiobooks or audio classes (right now I'm listening to A History of Eastern Europe). Some of the podcasts I have listened to are Buenos Días America, First Draft with Sarah Enni, Histocast (a history podcast in Castilian Spanish) and Notes in Spanish Gold. So kind of geeky ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been trying to get into podcasts lately too. I just tried one yet (Let's Talk About Myths Baby) but I'm loving it so I already want to try more too. A Hot Dog Is A Sandwich sounds like a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to add some podcasts in my day! Books and the City sounds perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for these podcasts! I've been looking to find good ones to listen to in the car.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!