Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week's topic is our resolutions and hopes for 2021 (bookish or not). I almost feel like it's tempting fate to actually list some resolutions, considering what happened last year, but I do have a few bookish/blogging goals that I'd like to make happen this year!
- Bring back my Try It series. I haven't done one of these since November 2019, so it's time to try some new genres!
- Read one book from my shelf of unread physical books per month. This is a carryover from last year, but I want to make it a more specific goal of one per month to hopefully encourage myself to finally get to these books.
- Keep growing my Instagram account. I'm having a lot of fun taking pictures and sharing what I'm reading, so I'm hoping to keep that going in 2021. I'll definitely still be active here, though, since I feel like the blog and Instagram are two totally different ways to talk about books.
- Host a giveaway. I haven't done a giveaway since my 3rd blogoversary in 2019, and since my 5th blogoversary is coming up in April, I'd love to do something to celebrate. I recently started a little affiliate shop over on Bookshop.org, and I'm hoping to use the commissions to support giveaways here on the blog.
- Attend at least 2 bookish events. Virtual events are ok, but I would love to (safely!) attend some in-person events, too, if possible.
- Do more to promote books/authors I love. This is kind of an amorphous goal! Last year I was fortunate enough to have some new bookish opportunities come my way - I participated in my first blog tour (and a couple more after that) and I shared some cover reveals and excerpts. These were fun because they provided some fresh, interesting content and I also felt really good about promoting authors I love and maybe even introducing them to readers that might not know about their work. I think basically what it boils down to is that I want to be more involved in the bookish community!
What are your goals for 2021?