Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week's topic is a fun one and a great way to get to know fellow bloggers - non-bookish hobbies! I think it's fair to say that for most of us, reading and blogging are some of our biggest hobbies, but what else are we into? Here are a few of the things I do when I'm not reading:
- Hiking. When the weather's good, I love being outside in nature and finding new hiking trails.
- Traveling. Even though this year has been mostly a bust for travel, I enjoy exploring new places. My husband and I have a goal to visit all 50 states together - I think we're up to about 18!
- TV/Movies. We love going to the movies, especially seeing the latest Marvel releases on opening weekend. I also have a weird obsession with trashy reality television - if it involves Real Housewives or 90 Day Fiance, I can't resist it.
- Photography. I love taking pictures and I was so grateful when my dad gave me one of his nice DSLR cameras when he upgraded. I think landscape photography is my favorite, but I've also been trying to get better at portraits. I've been doing my sister's family's Christmas card photos for the last couple years, and it's been good practice!
- Puzzles. Apparently puzzles are really good for your brain! I started getting into them last year and they were the perfect quarantine activity this year.
- Painting/Crafts. Not as often as my other hobbies, but I do enjoy getting crafty from time to time. Wood signs, paint & sip classes, you name it!
What's your favorite hobby (besides reading, of course!)?