Friday, June 30, 2023

Little Free Library Sightings

It's always fun to see a Little Free Library "out in the wild!"  It's fun to spot them, browse their selection, leave a book if possible, and then look them up on the official website, because sometimes they have lovely stories to go along with them!  There's also an app you can download to find local Little Free Libraries - you can even "check in" to keep track of the ones you've visited.  Here are some I've come across recently:

#90112 - This one is located in a neighborhood not far from me, so I took a drive after work one day to visit it!  It had a good mix of kid and adult books, and I grabbed a Babysitter's Club book for my niece while leaving another book I was getting rid of.  It must be a popular LFL because it had a note on it to limit yourself to 2 books!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
#107072 - This LFL is located at River Lea Farm, which is a working farm that also has public walking trails.  The library is located in the parking lot.  It had a good selection of books, and I took a memoir while leaving another book of mine.
 


















#74143 - This LFL is hosted by a community organization - according to the website, "This Little Free Library is offered by Jewish Family Service of Somerset, Hunterdon and Warren Counties as another way for us to serve our community. JFS is a non-profit, non-sectarian social service agency whose mission is to preserve and strengthen the quality of individual, family and community life based on Jewish values."  I stopped by this one quickly one morning and didn't have a book to drop off, unfortunately.  I didn't take a book, either, but noted that there was a mix of books, including a few secular ones.

12 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at how many of the LFL's you have in your area. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw an adorable LFL in Chicago and thought of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a couple too in the town I live but only one that's close to me. I need to visit it ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have quite a few little free libraries close by! We just had one that was started in the next street over, I'll definitely need to check it out quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, hope it has some great books for you!

      Delete
  5. I like finding LFLs while out and about too. I also have some near me, and I like to browse every once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just revisited one near me and found some great books for my son!

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!