Monday, May 15, 2023

Michele's Monday Picks #15

Angela is so generous to let me pop in with a new little series, Michele’s Monday Picks!  I’m not a blogger or bookstagrammer, but I love getting excited about new releases with the rest of you.  Here I’ll be sharing new books I’m really looking forward to!
 ******************************************************************


By Kendall Kulper
Expected Publication Date: May 23, 2023

From Goodreads:
A budding starlet and her handsome-but-moody co-star go from bitter enemies to reluctant partners when they get tangled up in the disappearance of a beautiful young actress in 1930s Hollywood.

Eighteen-year-old Henrietta arrives in Los Angeles in 1934 with dreams of trading her boring life for stardom. 

She’s determined to make it as an actress, despite her family’s doubts and rumors of would-be starlets gone missing. And by the skin of her teeth, she pulls it off! A serendipitous job offer arrives and Henrietta finds herself on a whirlwind publicity tour for a major film role—with a vexingly unpleasant actor tapped by the studio to be her fake boyfriend.

But fierce Henrietta has more in common with brooding Declan than she realizes. They both have gifts that they are hiding, for fear of being labeled strange: he is immune to injury and she can speak to ghosts. Together, they might be the only people in Hollywood who can do something about these poor missing girls. And in doing so . . . they might just fall in love for real.

This whip smart, seductive caper by the author of Murder for the Modern Girl has the perfect combination of romance, vengeance, and a hint of the supernatural, set in the Golden Age of Hollywood. Hand to fans of These Violent Delights and My Lady Jane.


This sounds so unique and look at that cover - do you think you’ll be picking this one up?

15 comments:

  1. 1930s Hollywood! How fun! I love the Golden Age of Hollywood, so I'll have to check this out. Great pick, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not one for historicals, but I agree, great cover. It also features a very vibrant time in history. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read "Los Angeles in 1934" and I'm like yassss! This really sounds like a great story set in an era that I'm really intrigued by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the retro cover! Sounds like a fun Golden Age historical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It really is! I didn't even notice the ghost faces the first time i saw it.

      Delete
  6. Oh my, my, I love this! The tme period + their gits = such a entertaining mix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like so much fun! I added it to my TBR, so thanks for the rec :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems interesting! Hadn't heard of this one yet, but adding to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!