Monday, September 12, 2022

Guest Blogger: Show Some Love for Indies #2 – New Girls on the Block

 
Michele is back for the second installment in her Show Some Love for Indies series!

*****************************************************

Authors are no longer confined to traditional publishing – the number of writers self-publishing seems to have exploded over the last few years. With access to so many forms of social media and the technology to format and market their own books, authors can have successful careers without ever being accepted by a traditional publishing house. This is also great for readers, as we have access to so many more wonderful authors.

Today’s installment focuses on authors newer to indie publishing.

 

Elsie Silver – author of the Gold Rush Ranch and Chestnut Springs series, focusing on horse trainers and rodeo riders in Canada. Available in Kindle Unlimited.

Chloe Liese – author of the Bergman Brothers series, which centers around a big Swedish family of brothers and sisters. Will also be making her traditional publishing debut this fall.

BK Borison – author of the Lovelight Farms series, set on a Christmas tree farm in Maryland. Available in Kindle Unlimited.

Jenny Bunting – Currently publishing her Finch Family series, which takes place in and around a winery in California. Currently enrolled in Kindle Unlimited.

Julie Olivia – Currently publishing her Honeywood Fun Park series, which takes place at an amusement park. Available in Kindle Unlimited.

Victoria Denault – Author of hockey and small town romances, with two titles under Sarina Bowen’s Heart Eye Press publishing imprint.

Catherine Cowles – Small town romance author whose books are self-proclaimed “suspense lite."


Have you read any of these indie authors?

18 comments:

  1. I've read Chloe Liese and one by BK Borison, but I have a couple more of these on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great time to be a writer in terms of opportunities! Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great that so many have the opportunity to share their stories with us!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read Chloe Liese yet but I did just get approved for my first book from her recently so I'm excited to finally read something from her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of Chloe Liese and have yet to try any of her books. I will have to look for her titles and give them a try. Thanks for sharing these authors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of these names are new to me, so I'll need to check them out! Chloe Liese's Bergman Brothers series is on my TBR though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catherine Cowles is such a favorite of mine. I just adore her small town romances with a touch of suspense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started reading her this year, and am loving her books!

      Delete
  7. I love this feature!! I read a ton of indie authors in the horror genre :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been a Denault fan since her Hometown Players books, so I am glad she was able to continue publishing her way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got hooked on her with her book for Sarina Bowen's World of True North.

      Delete
  9. I haven't read any of these authors but some of my favorite books are indie series so I must check all of them out.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!