It's hard to believe that 2022 is already half over, but it's a great time to check in on the reading and blogging goals I set at the beginning of the year.
- Read Little Women. I did it! It took me a month and a half to read it, but I finally read Little Women!
- Read 52 books.
At the time I'm writing this post, I've read 50 books, so I'm actually almost done with this goal. I figured I would maybe get to a book a week, so I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I've been able to read.
- Don't be so rigid about a blogging schedule.
I think I've been pretty good with this. I've mainly been able to stick to my normal schedule, but I'm not pushing myself to fill in empty days like I used to. I also haven't always been posting reviews every week and sometimes my "Friday reviews" don't show up until Monday, but that's ok! I don't necessarily want to review every book I read on the blog, so because I'm reading less, there are fewer reviews.
- Continue growing my Instagram account.
I've gotten a lot of new followers, but my engagement doesn't seem to be growing, and I blame the algorithm, LOL! I don't do reels, so I feel like the platform doesn't "promote" my posts very well to my followers. But, I still have fun taking and sharing photos, so I'll continue with it for now.
- Reread from my own collection with the intention of pruning my shelves. So far I've attempted 6 rereads - of those, I DNFed two of them and I will be donating five.
- Keep track of how much I'm spending on books. I've adding a line item to my budget spreadsheet for this, so I've been tracking my book spending, although I'm not going to say how much I've spent! I'm counting books I buy for Henry, too, and admittedly I go a little overboard when it comes to him. I need to rein it in until his birthday/Christmas.
How are you doing on your goals?