How is this year already more than half over?? Seriously, though, it's a good time to check in on the bookish and blogging resolutions I made at the beginning of the year!
- Bring back my Try It series. I actually did one of these back in February, where I tried out the genre Nordic Noir (and really enjoyed it!). I have at least one more on my list that I want to try this year, too.
- Read one book from my shelf of unread physical books per month. Pass so far! There was even a month where I read three books from that shelf. Unfortunately, I keep borrowing books from my sister, so it looks like I'm not making a lot of progress!
- Keep growing my Instagram account. My Instagram account has grown at least 20% since the beginning of the year! I'm enjoying participating in photo challenges and sharing what I'm reading on a more current basis than my monthly recaps here allow.
- Host a giveaway. Pass! I hosted a giveaway for my 5th blogoversary in April. Thank you to everyone who participated!
- Attend at least 2 bookish events. I attended a virtual book event hosted by the Morristown Festival of Books with VE Schwab back in February, which was really fun, but I've been slacking ever since. I feel like I don't keep up enough with finding virtual events. I'm really hoping, though, to attend an in-person event later this year.
- Do more to promote books/authors I love. This was kind of an amorphous goal, but basically what it boiled down to was that I wanted to be more involved in the bookish community. I've participated in a couple blog tours this year, and I've also signed up to be a part of the blogging communities for Smartypants Romance and author Staci Hart. Staci Hart is an author I love, so it's been fun helping promote her 2021 releases. My sister introduced me to Smartypants Romance and through them I've found some amazing new authors and books.
I'm actually pretty surprised at how well I've done at my resolutions so far! My reading really slowed down for a couple months, but I feel like I'm getting back into the groove and I'm excited to see what the rest of the year brings!
How are you doing on your reading/blogging goals?