Monday, July 8, 2024

Michele's Monday Picks #49

Angela is so generous to let me pop in with my little series, Michele’s Monday Picks!  I’m not a blogger or bookstagrammer, but I love getting excited about new releases with the rest of you.  Here I’ll be sharing new books I’m really looking forward to!

******************************************************************
 

By Eliza Jane Brazier
Expected Publication: July 16, 2024

From Goodreads:
Two contract killers, each with a hit out on the other, must fight their growing attraction as they face off in an epic game of lust and murder across Western Europe.  When Eva and Jonathan hook up on the sleeper train from Florence to Paris, they think they’ll never see each other again. Which is too bad, because neither has ever felt a spark like this for another person. But love isn’t on the agenda in their line of work. Six months later, they run into each other in the Hall of Mirrors in Versailles. This meeting is not by chance, because Eva has been hired to kill Jonathan. She’s a contract killer, but what she doesn’t know is that he is too.  Their meeting kicks off a high-stakes cross-continent adventure across Western Europe. There will be tourism. There will be bodies.  Eva and Jonathan might even fall for each other.  As the two get closer to completing their assignments, it becomes clear that they are also being hunted—by something even more dangerous than love. . .

This sounds really fun and unique - do you think you’ll be picking this one up?

11 comments:

  1. What a great premise! I hope this one will be as fun and exciting as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of this story! I think it would also make a really funny movie. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a few sort of like this last year and was surprised by how much I enjoyed the books considering I am not a big action/adventure/suspense reader. Hope it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh! Love the sound of this book! Thanks for your recommendation. I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha this looks like fun! Definitely something I could see as a movie.

    Ash @ Essentially Ash
    Want to follow me on Bookstagram, booktok, add my snapchat or check out my photography?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick, Michele! This one does sound fun!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!