Monday, March 4, 2024

Michele's Monday Picks #41

Angela is so generous to let me pop in with my little series, Michele’s Monday Picks!  I’m not a blogger or bookstagrammer, but I love getting excited about new releases with the rest of you.  Here I’ll be sharing new books I’m really looking forward to!

*******************************************************************
 
By Elsie Silver
Expected Publication: April 9, 2024

From Goodreads:
Rosie Belmont has been driving me wild for years. The good kind of wild. The bad kind of wild. But mostly the kind of wild that comes with wanting your best friend’s little sister and knowing you can’t have her.

After living in the city, she comes blasting back into Rose Hill like a storm. Beautiful, messy, and chaotic.

And one wide-eyed desperate plea for a job is all it takes for me to hire her.

Forbes may have labeled me the World’s Hottest Billionaire but all I care about is opening my new recording studio. Something that comes to a screeching halt when I end up face-to-face with a young girl who claims I’m her biological father.

Now I spend my days balancing business with parenting a sullen twelve-year-old all while trying desperately to keep my hands the hell off my best friend’s little sister.

I vow to keep Rosie at arm’s length. I try to stick to scowls and grumpy one-liners. But with her verbal sparring is merely foreplay—friction that turns to blistering heat.

I know damn well I shouldn’t cross that line.

But shouldn’t and can’t are two very different things.

And the only thing I truly can’t do is resist her.


If you haven’t yet started your Elsie Silver journey, here is the perfect time as she starts a new series - do you think you’ll be picking this one up?

9 comments:

  1. Great pick, Michele! This sounds like it has some fun romance tropes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am determined to read books by Elsie Silver this year! I hear so much praise for her books. I do like the sound of this one so I might start with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only read one book by Silver. I think it was an older one (there were horses). I need to check out some of her other books. I hope this is a hit for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also still need to read Elsie Silver, but this indeed sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very excited for this one. I've been enjoying her Chestnut Springs series so much!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!