Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Guest Post - Indie Bookstore Spotlight: The Ripped Bodice

 Michele is back today to talk about an independent bookstore she recently visited!

**************************************************

My husband and I recently were in Brooklyn for a family wedding and of course I had to make a stop at the newest location of The Ripped Bodice. This famous romance-centric bookstore already has a California location, but just this summer opened a store in NYC. We were there on a Sunday morning so the neighborhood was very quiet, but I could see this being a popular destination and neighborhood at any other time.

The store is bright and fresh and so pretty. The different romance genres all have their own sections (historical, contemporary, paranormal, etc.). They even have a shelf of author signed books which I’m sure gets populated after one of their many author events. For a small store, it had a huge selection – there was even an area in the back for some non-romance picks.



My husband treated me to two of my most loved Ali Hazelwood books!

If you are ever in Brooklyn, I would highly recommend checking out The Ripped Bodice!


Do you have a favorite indie bookstore?

9 comments:

  1. This bookstore looks delightful. And of course I love the name of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I really want to visit this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Strand is my favorite and always a must-visit whenever I'm in NYC but I definitely need to hop over to Brooklyn and visit this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire all of you who go into the city for stuff. I am over it. I grew up in Brooklyn, but now I only seem to go back for funerals. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard about this bookstore! So jealous you go to go- it looks amazing! Glad you enjoyed it and picked up some new books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool bookstore, so nice that you got to visit it!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!