Monday, August 14, 2023

Michele's Monday Picks #24

Angela is so generous to let me pop in with my little series, Michele’s Monday Picks!  I’m not a blogger or bookstagrammer, but I love getting excited about new releases with the rest of you.  Here I’ll be sharing new books I’m really looking forward to!

*********************************************************************


By Chloe Liese
Expected Publication: October 10, 2023

From Goodreads:
Childhood enemies discover the fine line between love and loathing in this heartfelt reimagining of Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew.

Katerina Wilmot and Christopher Petruchio shared backyards as kids, but as adults they won't even share the same hemisphere. That is, until Kate makes a rare visit home, and their fiery animosity rekindles into a raging inferno.

Despite their friends' and families' pleas for peace, Christopher is unconvinced Kate would willingly douse the flames of their enmity. But when a drunken Kate confesses she's only been hostile because she thought he hated her, Christopher vows to make peace with Kate once and for all. Tempting as it is to be swept away by her nemesis-turned-gentleman, Kate isn't sure she can trust his charming good-guy act.

When Christopher's persistence and Kate’s curiosity lead to an impassioned kiss, they realize "peace" is the last thing that will ever be possible between them. As desire gives way to deeper feelings, Kate and Christopher must decide if it’s truly better to hate than to never risk their hearts—or if they already gave them away long ago.


I really enjoyed the first book in this series so I have high hopes for this one - do you think you’ll be picking this one up?

10 comments:

  1. I loved the first book in this series so I definitely plan to read this one as well. I also need to start tackling her backlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The Bergman series is so good.

      Delete
  2. Yet another author I need to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I'm probably going to buy the recovered Bergman series so i'll have them all for you to borrow!

      Delete
  3. I read a few of the Bergman books. Sometimes I felt that Leise was trying to cram too much in, but generally, I enjoyed them. Hope this is a good one for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, sometimes I find the representation of different diseases and neurodivergancy a bit heavy handed, but overall they are enjoyable.

      Delete
  4. After about 4 books I finally decided that Liese just wasn't for me, but this sounds like a fun retelling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any Chloe Liese yet, but I've been wanting to try her books and this sounds like another great one.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!