Monday, July 31, 2023

Michele's Monday Picks #23

Angela is so generous to let me pop in with my little series, Michele’s Monday Picks! I’m not a blogger or bookstagrammer, but I love getting excited about new releases with the rest of you. Here I’ll be sharing new books I’m really looking forward to!
 *********************************************************

The Blonde Identity

By Ally Carter

Expected Publication: August 8, 2023


From Goodreads:

A fast-paced, hilarious road trip rom-com about a woman with amnesia who discovers she's the identical twin sister of a rogue spy... and must team up with a rugged, grumpy operative to stay alive.

It's the middle of the night in the middle of Paris and a woman just woke up with no memory.

She only knows three things for certain:

1. She has a splitting headache.

2. The hottest guy she has (probably) ever seen is standing over her, telling her to run.

And oh yeah...

3. People keep trying to kill her.

She doesn't know who. Or why. But when she sees footage of herself fighting off a dozen men there's only one explanation: obviously. . . she's a spy!

Except, according to Mr. Hot Guy, she's not. She's a spy's identical twin sister.

Too bad the only person who knows she's not the woman they're looking for is this very grouchy, very sexy, very secret agent who (reluctantly) agrees to help her disappear.

That's easier said than done when a criminal organization wants you dead and every intelligence service in the world wants you caught. Luckily, no one is looking for a pair of lovesick newlyweds on their honeymoon. And soon they're lying their way across Europe--dodging bullets and faking kisses as they race to unravel a deadly conspiracy and clear her sister's name.

But with every secret they uncover, the truth shifts, until she no longer knows who to trust: the twin she can't remember or the mysterious man she can't let herself forget...


This sounds so fun - do you think you’ll be picking this one up?

14 comments:

  1. I am excited about this book too. Early reviews have been good, and I already have my library hold in for it. I hope it's a hit for us both

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds hilarious so I would love to read it. The synopsis had me smiling already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard such great things about Ally Carter and this book sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not familiar with her books, but this one does sound fun!

      Delete
  4. This looks fun! I've heard Ally Carter's books are fun though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read her before, but I'm excited!

      Delete
  5. I saw this one the other day and was like, okay Ally Carter, this new adult novel sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I haven't seen anything from Ally Carter in a long time. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like so much fun! Added to my TBR, thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to see a few reviews first but this really does sound like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!