Monday, November 14, 2022

Michele's Monday Picks #1

Angela is so generous to let me pop in with a new little series, Michele’s Monday Picks! I’m not a blogger or bookstagrammer, but I love getting excited about new releases with the rest of you. Here I’ll be sharing new books I’m really looking forward to! 
 
*************************************************************
 
  

by Emily Wibberley & Austin Siegemund-Broka

Expected publication: January 24th, 2023

From Goodreads:

When a couple starts to feel like they're married to a stranger, a flirtatious game of pretend becomes the spark they need to reignite their relationship.

Eliza and Graham are anticipating an anything-but-sexy, weeklong getaway to celebrate their five-year anniversary. Nestled on the Northern California coastline, the resort prides itself on being a destination for those in love and those looking to find it. For Eliza and Graham, it might as well be a vacation with a roommate.

When a well-meaning guest mistakes Eliza and Graham for being single and introduces them at the hotel bar, they don't correct him. Suddenly, they're pretending to be perfect strangers and it's unexpectedly...fun? Eliza and Graham find themselves flirting like it's their first date, and waiting with butterflies in their stomach for the other to text back.

Everyone at the retreat can sense the electric chemistry between Eliza and Graham's alter egos. But when their scintillating game of roleplaying ends, will they still feel the heat?


I absolutely loved this duo’s adult debut, The Roughest Draft. I also love a marriage in trouble trope, so I’m hoping this one is a winner!


Is this a trope you enjoy? Do you think you’ll be picking this one up?


13 comments:

  1. Hey Michele! 👋 This is a new title and new authors to me but this sounds like a really great and sexy read. I don't think I've ever read a book with the marriage in trouble trope (although I could be mistaken of course) so that alone would make me pick this book up. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled with The Roughest Draft. I liked it, but I didn't love it the way I had adored the couple's YA books.I will probably wait for reviews on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have another YA coming out next year as well!

      Delete
  3. I have to admit, I DNFed The Roughest Draft after the first chapter, eek! But I also enjoy the marriage in trouble trope, because it shows that after all these epic romances, it's not just smooth sailing. They feel realistic and relatable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wound me. Maybe you'll enjoy this one better??

      Delete
  4. Fun premise- and a cute cover too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read one of this duo's YA novels. It wasn't quite what I was hoping but I'm excited to try more by them. The marketing for their novels is always so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried one of their YAs and didn't like it nearly as much as their adult. Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  6. I loved The Roughest Draft so I'm really looking forward to this new one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read other books by this author duo, but I'm also already really loving the sound of this one!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!