It's hard to believe, but this year is just about over! Time to take a look back at the reading and blogging goals I set way back in January and see how I did!
- Bring back my Try It series. So I only managed two new editions of the Try It series, but hey, I think that counts as a pass! I tried Nordic Noir and dark romance this year.
- Read one book from my shelf of unread physical books per month. Pass! There were even months I read as many as three books from my unread shelf. I really was able to move a lot of books from this shelf and there's currently only a couple left. It'll be nice to start 2022 with a (mostly!) clean slate.
- Keep growing my Instagram account.
My Instagram account has grown over 45% since the beginning of the
year! I'm enjoying participating in photo challenges and sharing what
I'm reading on a more current basis than my monthly recaps here allow.
- Host a giveaway. Pass! I hosted a giveaway for my 5th blogoversary in April. Thank you to everyone who participated!
- Attend at least 2 bookish events.
I attended a virtual book event hosted by the Morristown Festival of
Books with VE Schwab back in February, which was really fun. I also watched an Amazon Live with Penny Reid, during which she gave a sneak peak of the covers of her upcoming novels!
- Do more to promote books/authors I love.
This was kind of an amorphous goal, but basically what it boiled down
to was that I
wanted to be more involved in the bookish community. I've participated
in a few blog tours this year with TLC Book Tours, and I've also signed up to be a part
of the blogging communities for Smartypants Romance and author Staci
Hart. It was really fun being involved in Staci Hart's releases and helping promote the spring and fall Smartypants Romance launches!
I'm really proud that I was able to accomplish my goals this year, especially considering that my reading slowed down for quite a bit while I was pregnant (and will probably be down for awhile while Henry is so young), and I'm looking forward to seeing what next year brings!
How did you do on your reading/blogging goals this year?