This year has been so crazy, it's almost hard to believe! When I set these goals at the beginning of the year, I never could have imagined how our lives would be affected by COVID-19. It almost seems a little silly, but I still want to take a look back at those goals, as well as wrap up my reading challenges.
- Reread more. I reread 20 books this year, including the Harry Potter ones below.
- Reread the Harry Potter series. Done!
- Make a dent in the unread physical books on my shelf. I've definitely read a few, as there seems to be a noticeable difference in the shelf!
- Attend at least 2 bookish events. I ended up attending two virtual bookish events - one with Taylor Jenkins Reid interviewing Katherine Center and one with Fiona Davis in conjunction with the New York Public Library. Hopefully we'll be able to have in-person events again next year!
- Respond to comments faster. I think I did really well at this!
- Get ahead on my book reviews. I think I did ok at this. I started doing more "quick reviews," which meant the actual writing took less time, but I needed to review more books. At most points during the year, I was at least a couple weeks ahead, so I think that's pretty good.
- Build up my #bookstagram account. My #bookstagram has grown about 60% since the beginning of the year! I'm having fun participating in photo challenges and coming up with creative pictures. If we're not already, let's be friends!
- Get new passports. Done! Aaaaand we still have nowhere to go!
- Drink more water. I definitely failed at this. At least a couple times a week, I catch myself thinking, hmm, I should be drinking more water.
- Run a 5k. Total fail. Maybe next year?
- Make 100 blankets for Project Linus. I made 66 blankets, so I didn't reach my goal, unfortunately.
The 2020 Audiobook Challenge is hosted by Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer. My goal was 20-30 audiobooks and I ended up listening to 29. I have to admit, though, I haven't listened to one since September; without my work commute, I was finding it was taking way too long to listen to audiobooks.
The Retellings Reading Challenge is hosted by Tracy at Cornerfolds. My goal was the Elemental Witch level, which is 11-15 retellings, and I beat that with 32 retellings read! AND I completed the Bingo board!
Beat the Backlist is hosted by Austine at NovelKnight; my goal was to read at least 60 backlist books this year, and I crushed that! I've read 137 backlist books this year!
How did you do on your goals and challenges?