Friday, October 2, 2020

Month in Review: September 2020

September was a pretty busy month!  I took off a Friday from work and went with my sister and her family to a Sunflower Trail at a farm not too far away.  It was a beautiful day and the flowers and scenery were so picturesque!  My sister hosted a pool party at her house for Labor Day - it was so much fun to hang out with most of the family, and I was laughing so hard I was basically in tears.

Cooler weather has arrived and that makes me so happy!  I love being able to take walks any time of the day and be comfortable, and I have all the windows in the house open all the time!  I'm still working from home, but Tom has started to go back a little bit.  He does technical training for a large company in our state, and while he and his team have been doing a lot of classes online, there are some that need to be done in person, so he went into the office a few times this month.

We celebrated my grandma's 90th birthday with a Zoom birthday sing-along and then surprised her with a car parade past her house.  She was so happy to see all the decorations and say hi to everyone (from a safe distance!).

Fantasy football has returned!  Team Outlaw is off to a slow start at 1-2, but the season is still young!  And lastly, I had a couple "quarantine firsts" this month - I got my hair cut AND went to the grocery store for the first time in 6 months!

The Books







The Mermaid // What Lies Between Us (review to come) // The Holdout (audio) // Out of the Silence (review to come)
 


The Twenty-Ninth Day (review to come) // Sisters of War (review to come) // We Are the Perfect Girl // The Marriage Game (review to come)
 


 
The Posts and Reviews


How are YOU doing?
 

32 comments:

  1. I'm curuous, how did you like The Mermaid? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it! I need to read more of her stuff.

      Delete
  2. Such a busy time you have had! The birthday parade is something that has been really trending lately and it must have been so lovely for your grandma. I hope that you enjoy all of the books on your October list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, she really enjoyed the parade!

      Delete
  3. Happy 90th to your grandma! that's awesome, and I'll bet she was just tickled by the car parade! How fun. :) I'm loving the cool off too.

    Your books look good. I love the cover of the Williams book, and I want to read more Christina Henry as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 90th to your grandma! It's nice you all could zoom together and that you got to spend time with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww. Happy Birthday to your grandma! That's so exciting. I miss my grandmother so much! You had a great reading month. Wasn't Summer Longing and Her Last Flight great? I also enjoyed The Heir Affair. I can't believe it's already October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year is just flying by! I loved Her Last Flight, her favorite of mine in awhile!

      Delete
  6. The sunflower trail sounds gorgeous! Happy belated birthday to you grandma!

    I’ve not had my hair done yet, I’m dying to get it done but the thought of going to a hairdresser just now does not appeal to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wasn't really looking forward to going to the salon, but my hair was just getting too long!

      Delete
  7. It went by so fast but it was a really great month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are amazing, quite a list! Enjoy your October reads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES! One of the reasons I dislike summer is because I have to get up at 5am to walk the dog before it’s too hot for her. She’s black and hairy, so she doesn’t handle heat very well. Happy birthday to your grandma! I got my mom to cut my hair, and I haven’t been to a grocery store since March 17. I did go to Petsmart once because the dog's food was sold out everywhere else. That was an adventure.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't handle heat well, either! My husband has been doing all the grocery shopping, but I just wanted to run and get a couple things. In and out!

      Delete
  10. Hi Angela - gosh it's been so long. I've been so absent in the blogosphere for so long and now I'm also having some.... let's call them technical difficulties on bookstagram! So I've been out of touch for a while! Wow, your G'ma's birthday celebrations sound so sweet and innovative. Times sure have changed but it's fun to see how people have adapted. I'm glad to hear that you've been keeping well and I hope that I won't be quite so long between visits now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Di! It's good to hear from you! Yes, it's nice to see the things people do to adapt and not miss too many of those happy occasions! Hope your Instagram troubles sort themselves out soon!

      Delete
  11. I'm glad you've had a good month, and got to do some fun activities! And happy 90th birthday to your grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a great month! I'm happy to hear you got to have some fun outings with your sister and some quarantine firsts. Also, that birthday celebration for your grandmother sounds like the sweetest, it's awesome that you got to surprise her like that! Hope you'll have a great October!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm jealous of how much you've been able to read! I feel like I'm struggling to get through a book a week right now. I haven't read any of the books you listed, but several of them are on my TBR! 😁

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I think you have a lot more responsibilities than I do! Hope you love them all when you get to them!

      Delete
  14. I am definitely ready for hoodie weather with the cold, even though I'm not 100% a fan of it (but hey, I get an excuse to snuggle in my blankets). You've read some good books! How was Cinderella Is Dead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I much prefer the cold to the heat!

      Cinderella is Dead was a good retelling; not my favorite, but it had some interesting stuff in it.

      Delete
  15. My gosh you’ve had a busy reading month! And your get together on Labour’s Day sounds like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's great that you got to spend some quality time with your family. Sounds like a lot of fun. And that's so sweet what you were able to do to celebrate your grandma's birthday. I'm sure she loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!