Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Ready Player Two

Can't-Wait Wednesday is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and helps us spotlight upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating!

Ready Player Two
Ernest Cline
Expected publication date: November 24, 2020
An unexpected quest. Two worlds at stake. Are you ready?

Days after Oasis founder James Halliday's contest, Wade Watts makes a discovery that changes everything. Hidden within Halliday's vault, waiting for his heir to find, lies a technological advancement that will once again change the world and make the Oasis a thousand times more wondrous, and addictive, than even Wade dreamed possible. With it comes a new riddle and a new quest. A last Easter egg from Halliday, hinting at a mysterious prize. And an unexpected, impossibly powerful, and dangerous new rival awaits, one who will kill millions to get what he wants. Wade's life and the future of the Oasis are again at stake, but this time the fate of humanity also hangs in the balance.

Lovingly nostalgic and wildly original as only Ernest Cline could conceive it, Ready Player Two takes us on another imaginative, fun, action packed adventure through his beloved virtual universe, and jolts us thrillingly into the future once again.
- from Goodreads
I'm excited to re-enter the world of the Oasis, and the stakes are even higher this time!

26 comments:

  1. I hope this is as good as the first for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, somehow (!), haven't read the first book! I will definitely have to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the audio of Ready Player One and will definitely have to add this one to my wish list as well. I hope you love this one when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read the first book, but this looks interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the first book but thinking about checking it out as audiobook :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to add the first book to my TBR! Great Wow post!! :)
    My post: https://herbookishdesires.wordpress.com/2020/10/28/waiting-on-wednesday/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was surprised when I saw this one announced- I wasn't expecting a sequel for some reason this could be good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a win for the fans. Hope it's a fantastic followup to its predecessor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I'm sure a lot of people are excited for it.

      Delete
  9. Oh yay, I didn't realize there was finally a synopsis for this one. I can't wait either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read the first one but it's high on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. DYING to read this one as well! I am hoping to listen to the audio version because the first one was so fantastic. I hope that we both love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't listened to the first one on audio yet, but I want to!

      Delete
  12. I actually never read the first one, but I did enjoy the movie... so maybe now that the sequel is out soon I need to actually read the first one and then binge this one :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!