Monday, March 25, 2024

Michele's Monday Picks #42

Angela is so generous to let me pop in with my little series, Michele’s Monday Picks!  I’m not a blogger or bookstagrammer, but I love getting excited about new releases with the rest of you.  Here I’ll be sharing new books I’m really looking forward to!

**********************************************************
 

By Sylvie Cathrall
Expected Publication: April 25, 2024

From Goodreads:
Dive into the curious correspondence of Sylvie Cathrall’s delightful debut novel, A Letter to the Luminous Deep.

A beautiful discovery outside the window of her underwater home prompts the reclusive E. to begin a correspondence with renowned scholar Henerey Clel. The letters they share are filled with passion, at first for their mutual interests, and then, inevitably, for each other.

Together, they uncover a mystery from the unknown depths, destined to transform the underwater world they both equally fear and love. But by no mere coincidence, a seaquake destroys E.’s home, and she and Henerey vanish.

A year later, E.’s sister Sophy, and Henerey’s brother Vyerin, are left to solve the mystery of their siblings’ disappearances with the letters, sketches and field notes left behind. As they uncover the wondrous love their siblings shared, Sophy and Vyerin learn the key to their disappearance – and what it could mean for life as they know it.

Perfect for fans of A Marvellous Light and TJ Klune, A Letter to the Luminous Deep is a whimsical epistolary fantasy set in a mystical underwater world with mystery and heart-warming romance.

This sounds so unique - do you think you’ll be picking this one up?

6 comments:

  1. Great choice, Michele! I haven't read it yet but I love epistolary books so much. I really wanna read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love epistolary books. Hope this is a good one for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This had me at underwater home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for this one too! It indeed sounds so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is new to me but the comparison to TJ Klune has definitely piqued my interest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is new to me. Love the gorgeous cover!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!