Friday, March 15, 2024

Little Free Library Sightings

It's always fun to see a Little Free Library "out in the wild!"  I love to spot them, browse their selection, leave a book if possible, and then look them up on the official website, because sometimes they have interesting stories to go along with them!  There's also an app you can download to find local Little Free Libraries where you can even "check in" to keep track of the ones you've visited!  Here are a couple I've visited recently that actually aren't mapped in the app, but we came across them anyway!

This Little Free Library, called Raritan Library, is located at the edge of a park, just beside an elementary school.  We've passed it a couple times when going to the playground with Henry.  It was built and installed as part of an Eagle Scout project in 2021.  It currently has mostly adult books in it, but I've grabbed a book for Henry from there, too!
#123610 - We came across this LFL just outside a big public playground that we took Henry to for the first time recently.  It was installed by a Girl Scout Troop for a project in 2021.  It has an official LFL charter number and sign but for some reason is not on the official LFL maps.  In any event, the first time we saw this library, it was actually empty.  I made a mental note to bring some baby books we were looking to unhaul the next time we visited, but of course I forgot!  But, it was nice to see some books in there the second time!  And since they're all "adult" books, there are some choices for parents, too!

6 comments:

  1. A playground is such a great spot for a LFL. Nice that there had been some books added the second time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I'm looking forward to checking it out each time we go.

      Delete
  2. It's nice to see the Scouts creating spaces to share books. I saw one LFL in Chicago that looked like Snoopy's dog house. It was cute. I didn't get a picture because I was on the bus when I saw it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see the one next to the playground had some books in it by the time you came back to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so, too! Hopefully we can contribute next time.

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!