Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Fate Be Changed

Can't-Wait Wednesday is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and helps us spotlight upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating!

Farrah Rochon
Expected publication date: April 2, 2024
What if the witch gave Merida a different spell? This New York Times best-selling series twists Disney•Pixar's Brave into a fast-paced story in which Merida is sent back in time.

If you could change your fate, would you? Merida understands that as princess of Clan DunBroch, she has certain obligations—but that doesn’t mean she has to like it. Especially when one of those obligations means losing her freedom by becoming betrothed to a man she has never met. Merida balks at this tradition, but her mother Queen Elinor insists that Merida must do this to embrace her role as future queen.

Determined to chart her own path, Merida follows magical wisps to a witch’s cottage, where she is given a magic pastry and promised it will incite “a great transformation” in her mother. But instead of feeding Elinor the pastry, Merida eats it herself.

Merida awakens in the past, a now-teenage Elinor holding a knife to her throat and accusing her of espionage. She’s been transported to a time when the Clans MacCameron and DunBroch are bitter enemies. And it just so happens that the timing of Merida’s arrival has kept Elinor and Fergus from meeting.

Will Merida be able to bridge the rival clans, help her parents fall in love, and change her own fate? - from Goodreads


10 comments:

  1. Oooh, that sounds like such a fun read! I love a good twisty fairytale retelling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Merida is one of my favorite of the Disney "princesses."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you love this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this sounds like such a fun read, I do love Disney retellings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen Brave but this sounds like a fun retelling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad Merida's story continues. She was great! Hope this book is too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know Farrah Rochon wrote books like this. I only know her from her romance novels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love stories like this. And I never saw Brave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this sounds really good! I don't think I've ever read a Brave retelling before.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!