Friday, December 30, 2016

2016 End of Year Book Survey


Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner has put together an awesome end-of-year book survey.  I'm so excited to look back at a wonderful year of reading!


Number Of Books You Read: 130
Number of Re-Reads: 28
Genre You Read The Most From: Probably mystery/thriller


1. Best Book You Read In 2016? 

Valley of the Moon by Melanie Gideon

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?  

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  

The Guineveres by Sarah Domet - even though there was a lot of religion in the book, I actually ended up really enjoying it.

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

Valley of the Moon by Melanie Gideon

5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?

Best series started: Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny
Best sequel: The Rose & The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
Best series ender: Winter by Marissa Meyer

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?

Louise Penny (Inspector Gamache series)

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

I Am Malala - I don't normally read memoirs/autobiographies.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware - I raced through this in only a few hours!

9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

Any of the 4 or 5 star books I read this year.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?


11. Most memorable character of 2016?

Bex from The Royal We, because of her similarities to Kate Middleton

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?

Good Morning, Midnight by Lily Brooks-Dalton

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo.  I definitely didn't agree with all of her methods, but it has changed the way I think about why I keep certain possessions.

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read? 

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016? 

"After all, tomorrow is another day." - Gone With The Wind

16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?

Shortest: The Time Machine by H.G. Wells (106 pages)
Longest: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon (1,443 pages)

17. Book That Shocked You The Most

The Leaving by Tara Altebrando

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

Rhett and Scarlett from Gone With The Wind

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

The relationship between Kahlen and her sister Sirens in The Siren by Kiera Cass

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

First Comes Love by Emily Giffin

21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?

N/A

23. Best 2016 debut you read?

Good Morning, Midnight by Lily Brooks-Dalton

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

Cinder by Marissa Meyer - really, the whole Lunar Chronicles has fantastic world-building.

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

The Regulars by Georgia Clark

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?

The Things We Keep by Sally Hepworth

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

The Guineveres by Sarah Domet

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

After Alice by Gregory Maguire, because it was just so bad.

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?

Security by Gina Wohlsdorf - the structure of this murder mystery was really different.

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

Glass Sword  by Victoria Aveyard - and I didn't like it.



1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?

The Bookish Libra, among many others!

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?

The Assistants by Camille Perri

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

My post on not reading "it" books had the most views of my discussion posts this year.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

Top Ten Tuesday from The Broke and The Bookish

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?

Starting my blog!

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

Starting the blog and trying to learn as much as I can in a short period of time.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

By far, my most popular post, by views AND comments, is my Top Ten Tuesday Holiday Gift Guide for baby's first Christmas.

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

Probably my post on why I love to re-read.

9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

All the book blogs I found this year!

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

I read more books than I thought I would; as far as challenges, I started the POPSUGAR reading challenge, but didn't finish it.


1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?

Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?

The Shadow Land by Elizabeth Kostova

3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

The Weight of Him by Ethel Rohan

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?

One Dark Throne, the sequel to Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?

I have a post coming up soon on my 2017 blogging goals  ;-)

6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone: N/A

4 comments:

  1. I love these surveys, but there's so much that I never know what to comment on. Winter was a good series ender. I also read Me Before You this year. Hate that you didn't enjoy The Fault in our Stars. I loved Eleanor and Park. I need to read more Rainbow Rowell. Congrats on starting your blog this year. It has been so much fun for me so I hope it stays that way for you too. New follower!

    2016 EOY Book Survey
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for the follow!! I really had a lot of fun this year starting the blog and talking about books. I have some stuff planned for next year, but I am constantly worried about running out of content!

      Delete
  2. Oh, seems like you had an AMAZING reading year! So happy you loved The Lunar Chronicles, it's definitely one of my favorite series :) And that's so great that you started blogging this year! I did too and it's been one of the best decisions I ever made :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many new bloggers this year! It has really fun a lot of fun. Happy New Year to you, too!

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!