Thursday, December 29, 2016

My Favorite Wanderings of 2016

Today I wanted to share my favorite parks and trails of the year.  We've been going to a lot of the same parks for years, because they're so close to our house, but in 2016 we branched out a bit and tried out some new spots.  I'm already making a list of places I want to check out next year when the weather gets nice again!

In June, we visited Watkins Glen State Park.  It was just as beautiful as I remember from visiting as a kid.


While in New York, we also visited Robert H. Treman State Park.  The views here were incredible!


Closer to home, we spent a couple hours hiking at Hacklebarney State Park.


And for an easy walk through the park, we loved Loantaka Brook Reservation.


We discovered a hidden gem in Greenwood Gardens.


And we ended the year in Oklahoma at Turkey Mountain Urban Wilderness Area!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures - especially that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look so gorgeous! Amazing pictures, these seem like great hikes and make me wish I could go out and hike right now (if the weather would be a bit better of course ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, winter has only just started, but I'm already counting down the days until spring!

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are always greatly appreciated!